Podcast Show Notes: SOA and Cloud – Where’s This Relationship Going? By Bob Rhubart
By Juergenkress-Oracle on Jun 22, 2014
Opinions vary on the relationship between service oriented architecture and cloud computing. Some say SOA is essential to the cloud. Others say cloud is entirely possible without SOA. In this three-part program, three members of the Masons of SOA, the group behind the Industrial SOA article series, offer their insight about the issue.
- Jurgen Kress, Oracle EMEA Alliances and Channels, founder of the Oracle SOA and BPM community, the Oracle WebLogic Partner Community, and the global Oracle Partner Advisory Councils.
- Hajo Normann, SOA / BPM Lead for ASG at Accenture, Oracle ACE Director.
- Guido Schmutz, Technology Manager for SOA/BPM and Architecture Board at Trivadis, Oracle ACE Director.
- Listen to Part 1 (program #244): What is the relationship between SOA and Cloud Computing? How is that relationship changing? Is the Cloud changing SOA?
- Listen to Part 2 (program #245): What effect does the ease of acquiring services in the cloud have on the existence of development silos? What role can SOA principles play in bridging those silos?
- Listen to Part 3 (program #246): Many services suffer from poor architecture, say these experts. There is a better way.
Be a Guest Producer for an ArchBeat Podcast
Want to be a guest producer for an OTN ArchBeat podcast? Put your topic and panelist suggestions in a comment on this post, or contact me at @OTNArchBeat.
For regular information on Oracle SOA Suite become a member in the SOA & BPM Partner Community for registration please visit www.oracle.com/goto/emea/soa (OPN account required) If you need support with your account please contact the Oracle Partner Business Center.