New OFM versions released SOA Suite 184.108.40.206 & BPM 220.127.116.11 & JDeveloper 18.104.22.168 WebLogic on JRockit 10.3.4 feedback from the community
By Juergenkress-Oracle on Jan 16, 2011
This is the latest release of the Oracle SOA Suite 11g. Please see the Documentation tab for Release Notes, Installation Guides and other release specific information. Please also see the List of New Features and Samples provided for this release.
Release 11gR1 (22.214.171.124.0) Microsoft Windows (32-bit JVM) Linux (32-bit JVM) Generic
Integrated development environment certified on Windows, Linux, and Macintosh. License is free (read the Pricing FAQ).
Studio Edition for Windows (1.2 GB) | Studio Edition for Linux (1.3 GB) | See All
The WebLogic Server installers include Oracle Coherence and Oracle Enterprise Pack for Eclipse and supports development with other Fusion Middleware products . The zip includes WebLogic Server only and is intended for WebLogic Server development only.
Linux x86 (1.1 GB) | Windows x86 (1 GB)
Zip for Windows x86, Linux x86, Mac OS X (316 MB) | See All
For additional downloads please visit the Oracle Fusion Middleware Products Update Center
SOASimone Simone Geib
SOA Suite 11gR1 (126.96.36.199.0) has just been released: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/middleware/soasuite/downloads/index.html
My new blog post: WebLogic Server, JDev, SOA, BPM, OSB and CEP 188.8.131.52 (PS3) available! - http://tinyurl.com/4negnpn
simon_haslam Simon Haslam
I'm very pleased to see WLS 10.3.4 for JRockit VE launched at the same time as the rest of PS3 http://j.mp/gl1nQm (32bit anyway)
lucasjellema Lucas Jellema
See http://www.oracle.com/ocom/groups/public/@otn/documents/webcontent/156082.xml for PS3 extension downloads BPM, SOA Editor, WebCenter
biemond Edwin Biemond
WebLogic 10.3.4 new features http://bit.ly/f7L1Eu Exalogic Elastic Cloud , JPA2 , Maven plugin, OWSM policies on WebLogic SCA applications
JDeveloper JDeveloper & ADF
JDeveloper and Oracle ADF 11g Release 1 Patch Set 3 (184.108.40.206.0): New Features and Bug Fixes http://bit.ly/feghnY
simon_haslam Simon Haslam
WebLogic Server 10.3.4 (i.e. 11gR1 PS3) available now too http://bit.ly/eeysZ2
JDeveloper JDeveloper & ADF
Share your impressions on the new JDeveloper 11g Patchset 3 release that came out today! Download it here: http://bit.ly/dogRN8
VikasAatOracle Vikas Anand
New versions of Oracle Fusion Middleware 11g R1 (220.127.116.11.x) include:
- Oracle WebLogic Server 11g R1 (10.3.4)
- Oracle SOA Suite 11g R1 (18.104.22.168.0)
- Oracle Business Process Management 11g R1 (22.214.171.124.0)
- Oracle Complex Event Processing 11g R1 (126.96.36.199.0)
- Oracle Application Integration Architecture Foundation Pack 11g R1 (188.8.131.52.0)
- Oracle Service Bus 11g R1 (184.108.40.206.0)
- Oracle Enterprise Repository 11g R1 (220.127.116.11.0)
- Oracle Identity Management 11g R1 (18.104.22.168.0)
- Oracle Enterprise Content Management 11g R1 (22.214.171.124.0)
- Oracle WebCenter 11g R1 (126.96.36.199.0) - coming soon
- Oracle Forms, Reports, Portal & Discoverer 11g R1 (188.8.131.52.0)
- Oracle Repository Creation Utility 11g R1 (184.108.40.206.0)
- Oracle JDeveloper & Application Development Runtime 11g R1 (220.127.116.11.0)
New Features in Oracle SOA Suite 11g Release 1 (18.104.22.168.0)
Updated: January, 2011
Oracle SOA Suite 11gR1 (22.214.171.124.0) includes both bug fixes as well as new features listed below - click on the title of each feature for more details.
New in Oracle SOA Suite in this release
- BPEL 2.0 support in JDeveloper
The BPEL editor in JDeveloper now generates BPEL 2.0 code and introduces several new activities.
- Augmented XML variables auto-initialization capabilities
The XML variable auto-initialization capabilities have been enhanced to support two need additional use cases: to initialize the to-spec node if it doesn't exist during the rule and to initialize array elements.
- New Assign Activity dialog
The new Assign Activity supports the same drag & drop paradigm used for the XSLT mapper, greatly streamlining the task of assigning multiple variables.
- Time window parameter for the resequencer
This new parameter lets users initiate a best-effort resequencing based on a time window rather than a number of messages.
- Support for attachments in the Mediator assign dialog
The Mediator assign dialog now supports attachment, enabling usage of the Mediator to transmit attachments even if source and target schemas are different.
Adapters & Bindings
- ChunkSize property added to the File Adapter header properties The ChunkSize property of the File Adapter is now available as a header property, allowing in-process modification of the value for this property.
- Improved support for distributed WLS JMS topics though automatic rebalancing of listeners
The JMS Adapter has been enhanced to subscribe to administrative events from WLS JMS. Based on these events, it dynamically rebalances listeners when there are changes to the members of a local or remote WLS JMS distributed destination.
- JDeveloper configuration wizard for custom JCA adapters
A new wizard is available in JDeveloper to configure custom-built adapters
Administration & Enterprise Manager
- Enhanced purging capabilities to manage database growth
Historical instance data can now be purged using three different strategies: batch script, scheduled batch script or data partitioning.
- Asynchronous bulk instance deletion in Enterprise Manager
Bulk deletion of instances in Enterprise Manager now executes as an asynchronous operation in Enterprise Manager, returning control to the user as soon as the action has been submitted and acknowledged.
- Ability to schedule partner downtime
This feature allows trading partners to notify each other about planned downtime and to delay delivery of messages during that period.
- Message sequencing
B2B now supports both inbound and outbound message sequencing.
- Simplified BAM integration with B2B
B2B ships with various pre-configured artifacts to simplify monitoring in BAM.
- Instance Message Java API for B2B
The new instance message Java API supports programmatic access to B2B instance message data.
Oracle Service Bus (OSB)
- Certification of the File and FTP JCA Adapters
The File and FTP JCA adapters are now certified for use with Oracle Service Bus (in addition to the native transports).
- Security enhancements
Oracle Service Bus now supports SAML 2.0 as well as the OWSM authorization policies.
- Check the Oracle Service Bus 126.96.36.199 Release Notes for a complete list of new features.
Installation, Hot-Pluggability & Certifications
- Ability to run Oracle SOA Suite on IBM WebSphere Application Server
Oracle SOA Suite can now be deployed on IBM WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment (ND) 7.0.11 and IBM WebSphere Application Server 7.0.11.
- Single JVM developer installation template
Oracle SOA Suite can now be targeted to the WebLogic admin server - there is no requirement to also have a managed server. This topology is intended to minimize the memory foorprint of development environments.
- This is in addition to the list of supported browsers, operating systems and databases already certified in prior releases.
Complex Event Processing (CEP)
- IDE enhancements
This release introduces several enhancements to the development IDE, such as adapter wizards and event-type repository.
- CQL enhancements
CQL enhancements include JDBC data cartridges and parametrized queries.
- Tracing and injecting events in the Event Processing Network (EPN)
In the development environment you can now trace and inject events.
- Check the Oracle CEP 188.8.131.52 Release Notes for a complete list of new features.