Installing Oracle Event Processing 11g by Antoney Reynolds
By Juergenkress-Oracle on Dec 17, 2012
Earlier this month I was involved in organizing the Monument Family
History Day. It was certainly a complex event, with dozens of
presenters, guides and 100s of visitors. So with that experience of a
complex event under my belt I decided to refresh my acquaintance with
Oracle Event Processing (CEP).
CEP has a developer side based on Eclipse and a runtime environment.
The server install is very straightforward (documentation). It is recommended to use the JRockit JDK with CEP so the steps to set up a working CEP server environment are:
- Download required software
- Install JRockit
- Run the JRockit installer, the download is an executable binary that just needs to be marked as executable.
- Install CEP
- Unzip the downloaded file
- Run the CEP installer, the unzipped file is an executable binary that may need to be marked as executable.
- Choose a custom install and add the examples if needed.
- It is not recommended to add the examples to a production environment but they can be helpful in development.
The developer install requires several steps (documentation).
A developer install needs access to the software for the server
install, although JRockit isn’t necessary for development use.
Read the full article by Antony Reynolds.
For regular information on Oracle SOA Suite become a member in the SOA & BPM Partner Community for registration please visit www.oracle.com/goto/emea/soa (OPN account required) If you need support with your account please contact the Oracle Partner Business Center.