Centric IT Solutions achieved an outstanding SOA implementation at Hilcona AG.:
By Juergenkress-Oracle on Sep 12, 2011
Hilcona AG is a leading producer of fresh, deep-frozen, nonperishable food, and convenience products. Founded in 1935, the company exports 46% of its produce. With its fresh foods—such as pasta, pizza, sauces, and ready-made meals—Hilcona is a market leader in german-speaking europe.
A word from Hilcona AG
With the help of Oracle SOA Suite, we transformed our handheld warehouse solution and achieved far better performance, more comfortable handling, high flexibility, and full integration with our core, JD Edwards EnterpriseOne, ERP system.” – Thomas Ritter, Head of Applications, Hilcona AG.
- Replace a third-party data collection software used for registering all warehouse transactions of finished and semi-finished food products that was expensive to maintain and only provided point-to-point integration
- Enhance performance of the existing handheld solution for storekeepers and provide better integration with the core enterprise resource planning (ERP) system
- Enable seamless integration of process enhancements or new food products into a homogeneous and future-proof IT system
Oracle Product and Services
- Oracle SOA Suite
- JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Sales Order Management
- JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Manufacturing Management
- Oracle Database,Enterprise Edition
- Oracle BPEL Process Manager
- Oracle User Productivity Kit
- Worked with Oracle Partner Centric IT Solutions throughout the six month implementation, from scoping, to go-live support
- Redesigned warehouse processes and implemented Oracle SOA suite to ensure transactional warehouse data is collected only once and reflected directly in the core ERP system, which is deployed on Oracle’s JD Edwards enterpriseOne
- Leveraged Oracle SOA suite to develop communication scripts for handhelds used by warehouse employees to deliver instant bar-coded information to the core ERP system regarding warehouse transactions of finished and semifinished products, using standard Web technology with HTML visualization
- Streamlined work order processing by enabling warehouse staff to access most JD Edwards EnterpriseOne business functions on their mobile devices through web services developed with Oracle BPEL process manager
- Enhanced the functional scope, performance, and stability of mobile devices used by storekeepers, optimizing the user experience while lowering maintenance costs and efforts
- Developed process and user documentation with Oracle user productivity kit to optimize system usage and error analysis
Create your references:The partner reference program
Enables partners to be recognized by both Oracle and our customers
- Provides an opportunity for partners to showcase successes with their customers on Oracle solutions
- Help to raise awareness of our partners capabilities, elevating them above their competition
Time to submit a SOA and Application Grid reference request today.
To learn more about partner references, check out the following resources: Judson Althoff’s YouTube Video: Be Recognized with OPN Specialized Reference Program and OPN PartnerCast: Be Recognized…Your Reference Matters!!! (MP3) and Partner/Customer Reference Brochure (PDF).