By Juergenkress-Oracle on Jul 26, 2014
Simplified User Experience Design Patterns for the Oracle Applications
Cloud Service eBook has been published recently. The free eBook provides
the user experience design patterns that Oracle uses to build
simplified user interfaces (UIs). Read more about it on the Usable Apps blog, or download it directly at tinyurl.com/SimplifiedUI. You’ll also find a new article on the Usable Apps website about extensibility in the simplified UI: "Making the Complex Simple: Extensibility and Customization in the Oracle Applications Cloud."
Read and learn more about how easy extensibility aligns with the
overall Oracle Applications Cloud’s user experience strategy of
ABOUT RELEASE 8: Take a look at these recent blog posts to find out what analysts and others are saying about the usability they see in Release 8.
- Early Reports Say the Oracle Sales Cloud May Finally Have Come of Age,” analyst J. Bruce Daley calls out usability specifically.
- Case study: BG Group turns to cloud HR to reach staff in multiple countries,” author Bill Goodwin of ComputerWeekly.com says the Oracle HCM Cloud “has proved to be easier and more intuitive for HR staff to use than the previous SAP-based technology” for Oracle customer BG Group, a natural gas exploration and production company.
And several videos about the simplified UI in Release 8 are now available:
- Getting Started with Oracle Sales Cloud
- Getting Started with Oracle Sales Cloud: Accounts and Contacts <
- Getting Started with Oracle Sales Cloud: Leads
- Getting Started with Oracle Sales Cloud: Opportunities
- Getting Started with Oracle Sales Cloud: Social Collaboration
- Getting Started with Oracle HCM Cloud: Personal Information
- Getting Started with Oracle HCM Cloud: Directory
- Getting started with Oracle HCM Cloud: Performance and Career
- Getting started with Oracle HCM Cloud: Time Getting Started with Oracle Fusion Product Hub Portal
Oracle President Mark Hurd educates Baylor University students on the impact of big data in “Big Data in a Shrinking World.” bit.ly/1m33hJg
Oracle Platinum Partner AMIS Services BV, a friend of the Oracle Applications User Experience (UX) team, has been awarded the Oracle SOA Community Award and the SOA Partner Community Award 2014. Visit the SOA Community Blog for a post on “Fusion Middleware Partner Community Awards 2014” to read more.
- Amis played host to the OAUX Expo in March, and posts about the Oracle Applications UX themes of simplicity, mobility, and extensibility continue. Dutch developer Richard Olrichs, who attended the expo, wrote “What I learned from the UX Event.” Tech author Chris Koenis also wrote a post in Dutch after the expo called “World travelers hunt futuristic interface.” A translated version is available.
“PeopleSoft Talk with Marc Weintraub: PeopleSoft Fluid User Interface featuring Willie Suh”: In this PeopleSoft Talk,
PeopleSoft Senior Director Marc Weintraub talks with Willie Suh, Vice
President of PeopleTools Development, about the PeopleSoft Fluid User
Oracle ACE Director Basheer Khan shares his thoughts on Oracle’s Cloud strategy in the April 2014 edition of Profit Magazine. The interview, “Clouds in Vegas,” focuses on Khan’s session at Collaborate 2014 and how he thinks organizations can benefit from moving to the cloud.
For regular information on Oracle SOA Suite become a member in the SOA & BPM Partner Community for registration please visit www.oracle.com/goto/emea/soa (OPN account required) If you need support with your account please contact the Oracle Partner Business Center.