By Juergenkress-Oracle on May 10, 2014
With the release of SOA Suite 188.8.131.52, Adaptive case management is now part of the tool. It is an interesting addition to the tool and the person modeling the requirements, as it will allow for designing more AD-HOC processes. For a very good overview of the features of ACM in OBPM 184.108.40.206 the series of articles by the Oracle A-Team is really great. For the current article, I want to attempt to show the usage of the Case Management API's by building a Java client, as I did not find a lot of information except for the Case Management API documentation.
I will cover the following use-cases to show the usage of the Case Management API's:
- Search for all Active Cases
- Search for all Closed Cases
- Search for all Active cases in a particular case project
- Search for a particular case based on the Case Id
- Add comments to a Case
- Retrieve the List of Comments on a Case
- Retrieve the Case Data on a Case
- Raise a User Defined Event
- Close the Case
- Reopen the Case
The following are the steps/code to create the Client application to interact with the case:
- Jdeveloper Application Creation and Client Project Creation:
Create a New Generic Application in JDeveloper and give it a name (for example, CaseManagementAPIUsage). In the Application create a Java Based Project and give it a name (for example, CaseManagementAPIUsageJavaProject) and also provide a default package name (for example, com.cm.apiusage).
- Java Project Classpath and Libraries setup:
Add the following jar's to the Java Path: Read the complete article here.
For regular information on Oracle SOA Suite become a member in the SOA & BPM Partner Community for registration please visit www.oracle.com/goto/emea/soa (OPN account required) If you need support with your account please contact the Oracle Partner Business Center.