By Juergenkress-Oracle on Feb 19, 2014
IoT will be the next game changer. We’re entering a world, where Billions of devices will be able to play in role in higher level processes. There will be many more machines using our todays internet than humans will do. This is a summary of an Openworld session on Oracle IoT strategy.
IoT Definition from Wikipedia:
Equipping all objects in the world with minuscule identifying devices could be transformative of daily life. For instance, business may no longer run out of stock or generate waste products, as involved parties would know which products are required and consumed. One's ability to interact with objects could be altered remotely based on immediate or present needs, in accordance with existing end-user agreements.
Some major challenges have to be addressed:
- Complex value chain
- Lack of standardization to build, deploy & manage IoT applications
- No consistency in managing security of data and identity of devices
- Need to analyze Fast data in real time
- No integration platform to convert data into business automation
Oracle launched their Iot platform at Openworld 2013 with this focus:
- Standardize application development for devices, enterprise, web and mobile apps
- Analyze IoT data to achieve real-time visibility
- Integrate IoT data with enterprise applications & cloud infrastructure
- Secure data & identity across devices and enterprise data center
For regular information on Oracle SOA Suite become a member in the SOA & BPM Partner Community for registration please visit www.oracle.com/goto/emea/soa (OPN account required) If you need support with your account please contact the Oracle Partner Business Center.