Connect to multiple SOA / BPM Virtual Machines from different computers in your network by Danilo Schmiedel
By Juergenkress-Oracle on Mar 12, 2013
Today I’d like to explain how to share instances of Oracle's Pre-built Virtual Machine for SOA Suite and BPM Suite across different computers in your network.
Three requirements I had to address:
- Call of external services like GeoNames (http://www.geonames.org/postal-codes/) from within the BPM Suite VM
- Connection to multiple BPM Suite VMs from Host (e.g. JDeveloper and Browser)
- Connection to multiple BPM Suite VMs from different developer computers in the network
- Share data between VMs and developer computers via FTP
The default options already support connections between host and client. However the target here was to address multiple independent VMs from different computers in the same network. The following settings worked in my environment:
1) Start the Oracle VM VirtualBox Manager and open network settings of the VM. Read the full article here.
For regular information on Oracle SOA Suite become a member in the SOA & BPM Partner Community for registration please visit www.oracle.com/goto/emea/soa (OPN account required) If you need support with your account please contact the Oracle Partner Business Center.