· This month: Where do you fit in the Cloud? Cloud computing played a big role at Oracle OpenWorld 2015 in San Francisco, and it's likely to play a big role in your future. For that reason, two items in this newsletter will be of particular interest. The New Cloud You, an article from the latest edition of Oracle Magazine, features insight from community members on how they're handling the transition to the cloud. The latest OTN ArchBeat Podcast, Cloud Architect - Rising to the Role, features a roundtable discussion by six community leaders about what it takes to find success in this emerging role. Also on the topic of cloud computing, replays of the September OTN Virtual Technology Summit middleware track sessions are now available via a dedicated group space on the OTN Community website. These sessions presented how-to technical content focused on Oracle PaaS services, including Mobile Cloud Service, Process Cloud Service, and Java Cloud Service. To view these replays, just join the group space. Membership is free. As a member, you'll be able to interact with session presenters and other community members to find answers to your PaaS questions. Join the group now.
· Call for Papers: Session proposals are being accepted for future OTN Virtual Technology Summit events. Submit your proposal for Middleware track sessions in the OTN Virtual Technology Summit Middleware Ideas Space, part of the OTN Community Platform. Watch the Twitter hashtag #OTNVTS for the latest information. Talk Back: As always, your feedback is essential to the success of this publication and of OTN in general. If you have comments or suggestions regarding this newsletter or any of the resources for middleware pros available on OTN, please share your thoughts: email@example.com.
· Resource Library: IT Strategies from Oracle You may have heard of the IT Strategies from Oracle (ITSO)collection of reference architectures, solution designs, and technology strategy documents, and you may have taken advantage of some of those resources in the past. But you may not know that access to the complete ITSO library no longer requires registration. The whole shebang is freely available on the OTN Community website. Browse the library.
· Article: The New Cloud You: Adapting Skill Set and Mindset for Success in the Cloud Does the technological disruption brought on by cloud computing carry with it a commensurate skill disruption? How is the widespread adoption of cloud computing affecting architects, developers, and others in IT, and what are they doing to adapt their skills to the unique characteristics of cloud-based solutions? Insight from community members. Read the article.
· Podcast: Cloud Architect - Rising to the Role Recorded during Oracle OpenWorld, the latest OTN ArchBeat Podcast features Oracle ACE Directors Ron Batra, Simon Haslam, Ronald van Luttikhuizen, Frank Munz, and Sten Vesterli, plus Oracle ACE Associate Arturo Viveros in a free-flowing, wide-ranging conversation about the emerging role of the Cloud Architect. Listen to the podcast.
· Larry Ellison at OOW15: New Oracle Cloud Services and Ease-of-Use Advances Oracle Executive Chairman and CTO Larry Ellison introduced more than a dozen new Oracle Cloud services and capabilities in the opening keynote presentation at Oracle OpenWorld 2015 in San Francisco's Moscone Center. Get the details.
· Introducing Oracle Integration Continuous Availability Features Oracle SOA Suite 12.2.1 offers a new set of operational features including availability, performance, scalability, diagnostic and other operational aspects. Take a deep dive in this post from Jay Kasi Get the details.
· Oracle Launches Oracle BPM & Oracle WebCenter 12.2.1 The new Oracle BPM includes a full set of REST API that enable applications built with any technology to leverage BPM Suite as an engine for workflow management, service integration, and process orchestration. The new Oracle WebCenter provides a refreshingly new user experience that is cohesive, responsive and device friendly across Oracle WebCenter Sites, Oracle WebCenter Portal and Oracle WebCenter Content and Oracle BPM Suite. Get the details.
· OTN Virtual Technology Summit Replay and New Community Groups Available on Demand | Online Events
For regular information on Oracle SOA Suite become a member in the SOA & BPM Partner Community for registration please visit www.oracle.com/goto/emea/soa (OPN account required) If you need support with your account please contact the Oracle Partner Business Center.