Although the official name for the annual conference (a record 46K this year) is “Oracle OpenWorld”, the SOA-related content alone could have easily justified an independent “Oracle SOA OpenWorld” conference with more sessions and demos than any one person could have absorbed. There were 118 SOA-related sessions, panels, demos and exhibitions presented by Oracle SOA Suite customers and Oracle product and industry specialists. Here are just a few highlights from sessions, many with posted presentations to download
(select “Track-Middleware-Service Oriented Architecture…”)
- Google API with Oracle SOA Suite – Choice Hotels in one of the SOA customer panels
- Customer Panel - Oracle Service Bus – A packed house filled this session with experienced OSB customers sharing insights into their ESB implementations and use of new technologies - Rogers Communications, PFA Pension, TechDemocracy
- Optimizing for the Cloud – Many sessions described strategies for evolving to the hybrid cloud
- Exploiting New Technologies – A common theme was the use of the new Service Result Cache feature, which optimizes for the hybrid cloud, lowers demand on back-end applications, and eliminates latency.
- Customer Panel – Oracle SOA Suite – Excellent customer slides and insights from Raytheon, Apollo Group, Choice Hotels, Kelley Blue Book
- Larry Ellison Covers SOA – The Oracle CEO frequently highlighted SOA as the common foundation under the new Fusion Applications
- First to coin term “SOA” – Gartner’s Roy Schulte credits Alexander Pasik, a former Gartner analyst, for coining the term. Alexander is now the CIO of IEEE, an Oracle SOA Suite customer, and recorded an upcoming video at OpenWorld.
Oracle SOA Suite @ Oracle – The highest attended session was on how Oracle has migrated to Oracle SOA Suite 11g as the Oracle infrastructure standard. See photo from general session of SVP Hasan Rizvi highlighting this topic.
- More Videos – Due to strong demand, we ran out of available video recording slots…great to see the strong interest by customers to shared their success and glad we have some upcoming Oracle SOA Suite videos to look forward to. Looking for someone to apply make-up before your next video shoot? Sign up for a video at next years OpenWorld!
- ROI of SOA Made Easy – Fascinating explanation on how to easily justify the ROI of enterprise SOA and its not what you think…more on this in an upcoming blog
- Tom Petty, Sting, and English Beat Perform at OpenWorld – You're right…this has nothing to do with SOA.