With 2,000+ sessions and speakers from more than 90 countries, Oracle OpenWorld ’19 can feel overwhelming. I have looked through the session catalog; I know. So in an effort to cut through all the background noise, here are 13 Oracle OpenWorld ‘19 sessions designed with small and medium business leaders in mind.
- A SaaS Primer: Getting the Most Value from Your Cloud Applications (Monday, September 16 @ 9 am)—Getting the most value from your Oracle Cloud application software may be the most important thing you can do for your business. In this session learn how to identify the latest capabilities in your SaaS software and the process to selectively adopt them quickly. Determine which emerging technologies are best suited to your organization and discover ways to extend Oracle Cloud applications for maximum business benefit. Oh yeah, and there are some great customer stories as well.
- Leveraging Emerging Technology to Create Tomorrow’s HR, Today (Monday, September 16, 10am)—The pace of change is accelerating, affecting the way business is done and organizations are run. HR’s role is having to adapt, transform, and utilize technology to compete for talent, engage employees, and develop leaders for tomorrow. In this session explore the transformative nature of today’s workforce and get a peek into the future of technology and how artificial intelligence and conversational user interfaces will help unleash the power of your people.
- Accelerate, Simplify, and Lead Your Move from On-Premises to Oracle ERP Cloud (Monday, September 16 @ 11:15 am)—Learn how to take advantage of best practices to accelerate and simplify your journey to Oracle ERP Cloud. Hear how this move is more than just a technology change and presents a unique opportunity for you to lead with new thinking to realize new long-term business outcomes.
- CPQ Supercharges Sales Productivity, Accelerates Sales, and Improves Margins (Monday, September 16 @2:45 pm)—With CPQ sales teams work smarter and respond faster by offering the right solutions to the right customers at the right price. Oracle’s best-in-class CPQ solution provides AI-powered deal management, win optimization, and price optimization, giving staff essential information at critical decision points to improve margins and increase sales productivity. Staff can accurately create and capture orders for complex products or services, or even use multitiered structures and nested sub-models to generate polished, professional quotes within minutes. In this session discover the brilliance of Oracle’s CPQ solution.
- Better Results, Faster with Oracle Supply Chain Planning Cloud (Tuesday, September 17 @12:30 pm)— Oracle Supply Chain Planning Cloud offers the opportunity to transform your demand management, supply planning, and S&OP processes. Attend this session to explore how. The session also provides the most up-to-date view of the product strategy and roadmap to guide you on your journey to the cloud. And get sneak previews of how Oracle is embedding machine learning and other disruptive technologies throughout the suite.
- Compose Digital Assistant/Chatbot for Oracle SaaS Applications (Tuesday, September 17 @ 12:45 pm)— Oracle HCM, CX, ERP, SCM, and EPM have all released skills that provide a conversational user interface against key functionality such as creating expenses and approving requests. This allows users to effortlessly access applications and data. In this session learn how to compose your own digital assistant with published SaaS skills in the skills store and make it available through a messaging channel. Learn how to use Oracle Insight to understand user behavior, problem areas, and ways to improve effectiveness.
- JD Edwards and Oracle SaaS: Hybrid Cloud for Industry Success (Tuesday, September 17 @5:15pm)—The success of today’s digital organization depends on the application and technology choices made. Your ability to innovate, react to changing conditions, and outmaneuver your competition is enhanced by Oracle Cloud applications. The best practices for industries served by Oracle’s JD Edwards are enhanced with operational solutions including hybrid models with Oracle SaaS applications. This brings more choice, agility, and control to both IT and line of business. Attend this session to learn more about hybrid SaaS scenarios that create greater value for your business.
- Oracle Financials Overview, Strategy, Roadmap (Wednesday, September 18, 11:15 am)—In this session learn how Oracle Financials empowers customers to thrive in the digital economy. See highlights of Oracle’s continuous investment in new features and how customers are using these capabilities to simplify and innovate their business processes. And get a preview of the roadmap for Oracle Financials.
- Oracle Cloud for Business: Subscribed to the Future (Wednesday, September 18 @12:30 pm)— Speed is the new habit and your future corporate success mandates the right business innovation and transformation platform in the age of cloud and emerging technologies. In this session learn from Oracle thought leaders, customers, and industry experts how Oracle can jumpstart or accelerate your transformation and how to drive sustained leadership in your industry.
- Planning with Oracle EPM Cloud: What’s New, What’s Coming (Wednesday, September 18 @ 3:45pm)—Oracle Enterprise Planning Cloud is the industry's leading solution for planning and budgeting. Many of the world's largest organizations rely on Oracle Enterprise Planning Cloud to meet their complex and dynamic financial and non-financial planning and budgeting requirements. This session provides an overview of the strategic direction and an update on new and planned functionality. The session includes a demo of new and upcoming features of the product, focusing on the product roadmap.
- Emerging Technologies in Oracle EPM Cloud (Wednesday, September 18 @ 4:45pm)—Emerging technologies (such as artificial intelligence, machine learning, and robotic process automation) open exciting new opportunities for innovation in EPM. In this session Oracle provides a forward-looking overview of the technology-led opportunities for innovation and automation across the full spectrum of EPM business processes, including planning and forecasting, financial consolidation and close, process orchestration, account reconciliation, and performance reporting. This “Turbo Talk” session is laser-focused on a topic and features a 20-minute presentation and 10 minutes of Q&A.
- Propelling Professional Services Projects to Success with Oracle Cloud (Thursday, September 19 @11:15 am)—The expanding deployment of integrated business applications in the cloud is driving success for top-performing professional services companies, enabling them to focus on growth markets and clients, maximize margins for high levels of profitability, and empower and retain valuable talent through optimized project resource deployment. In this session hear about the benefits to be gained from a modern, global professional services solution, integrated across ERP, HCM, and CX. Discover how to dramatically reduce billing cycles, drive up productivity and utilization, and promote collaboration among diverse project-centric workforces by using a modern, social user experience to successfully seize today's business opportunities.
- Moving to Oracle ERP Cloud? Advanced Controls Prepare You for Go-Live (Thursday, September 19 @12:15pm)— When you move from on-premises ERP to Oracle ERP Cloud, how do you ensure that you have the automation and processes your auditors expect—and your business needs? In this session see case studies and get how-to guidance for making the most of changes to your business processes and IT responsibilities. Learn how to tune security and other configurations from the experiences of organizations that have moved to Oracle ERP Cloud.
Want to fill in your calendar with more sessions targeted to growing medium and midsize businesses? Check out our session catalog.