To further help owners and executives successfully grow their businesses, Oracle is proud to announce our sponsorship of the SMB Experts. SMB Experts is a panel comprised of the top influencers and thought leaders in the small- and medium-sized business (SMB) space to offer key insights into tackling common obstacles and taking advantage of emerging opportunities.
The panel—led by Brian Moran, CEO of Brian Moran & Associates—will lend their expertise to a weekly column, podcast series, Twitter Tweetchat series, webinars, speaking engagements, and more. Through these efforts, they will address the themes faced by growing businesses, covering everything affecting growing SMBs–from HR to customer experience to finance and regulatory changes.
SMB Experts is comprised of 13 members, each with their own area of expertise:
- Brian Moran – Head of SMB Experts: Brian Moran is a strategic business advisor with 20+ years of experience in the SMB space. He is the CEO of Brian Moran & Associates, a New Jersey-based consulting firm, dedicated to helping entrepreneurs and SMBs run better businesses.
- Carla Johnson – Panel Member: Carla Johnson is a renowned content marketing expert, keynote speaker, and published author. Her work with Fortune 500 brands set the stage for the latest of her seven books, Experiences: The 7th Era of Marketing, which focuses on the important of creating powerful customer experiences. She is also the CEO of Type A Communications, a Denver-based agency.
- Whitney Johnson – Panel Member: Whitney Johnson is an expert on disruptive innovation and personal disruption, which she covers in her critically acclaimed book Disrupt Yourself: Putting the Power of Disruptive Innovation to Work. She is also the author of Dare, Dream, Do: Remarkable Things Happen When You Dare to Dream.
- Karen Kerrigan – Panel Member: Karen Kerrigan is the president and CEO of the Small Business & Entrepreneurship Council. She regularly testifies before Congress on the key issues impacting entrepreneurs and the economy, and has been appointed to several federal advisory boards including the National Women’s Business Council, the U.S.-Iraq Business Dialog, the U.S. Treasury’s Taxpayer Advisory Panel, and the National Advisory Committee for Labor Provisions of U.S. Free Trade Agreements.
- Bryan Kramer – Panel Member: Bryan Kramer is a renowned keynote speaker, best-selling author, and business strategist. He has helped a variety of Fortune 500 companies humanize their businesses through social media and digital marketing. His first book, There is No B2B or B2C: It’s Human to Human #H2H, rose to #1 on Amazon’s Business Books in its first week.
- Joe Knight – Panel Member: Joe Knight is a highly regarded finance and business literacy keynote speaker, consultant, and published author. He is a Partner and Senior Consultant with the Business Literacy Institute, where he has worked with a variety of corporations including NBC Universal, General Electric, and MetLife.
- Rieva Lesonsky – Panel Member: Rieva Lesonsky is a founder and CEO of GrowBiz Media, a consulting company specializing in small businesses and entrepreneurship. She is also a founder and contributing writer at SmallBizDaily.com. She is a renowned keynote speaker and has also authored a number of best-selling books, including Start Your Own Business: The Only Start-Up Book You’ll Ever Need.
- Tamara McCleary – Panel Member: Tamara McCleary is the founder and CEO of Thulium, a marketing and digital consulting agency. She is an expert on marketing technology and has served as a keynote speaker for organizations like SAP, IBM and Gartner.
- Cliff Oxford – Panel Member: Cliff Oxford is the founder and CEO of the Oxford Center for Entrepreneurs, a premier education, commerce and media platform for entrepreneurs. He is also a columnist for Forbes, the New York Times, and host of the television series DoctorPreneur.
- Andrew Sherman – Panel Member: Andrew J. Sherman is a Partner and Chair at Seyfarth Shaw LLP. He focuses his practice on business growth issues affecting companies at all stages. He has written nearly 30 books, and his most recent work, The Crisis of Disengagement: How Apathy, Complacency and Selfishness are Destroying Today’s Workplace, was published in January 2017.
- Gwendolyn Turner – Panel Member: Gwendolyn F. Turner is founder and president of Princeton Proper, a New Jersey-based consulting and advisory firm focused on helping small businesses achieve growth. She is also a renowned keynote speaker and has authored a number of articles for both print and digital publications.
- Barbara Weltman – Panel Member: Barbara Weltman is an attorney, published author, and public speaker, specializing in helping small businesses with all tax, law, and finance matters. She’s written numerous books on small business operations, including J.K. Lasser’s Small Business Taxes and The Rational Guide to Building Small Business Credit.
- Chris Germann – Panel Member: Chris Germann is Vice President, Cloud Applications Strategist for Oracle. In this role, he drives messaging and programs for engaging customers on their journey to digital business in the cloud. Previously, Chris was a Vice Present in the Chief Information Officers (CIOs) Executive Programs at Gartner, where he spent 14 years delivering research services to CIOs and business leaders.
For more information on SMB Experts and to read their latest content, click here.
For the latest news and insights from SMB Experts, join Ask the SMB Experts, a LinkedIn group where growing businesses and industry experts come together to discuss key issues in the SMB space.