Siebel Open UI gives you the ability, and flexibility, to create new user experiences for your CRM application. With Open UI you can easily align to corporate branding in your CRM application as well. Working with some of my Siebel colleagues, we created a video to show how you can
easily add a new theme in the Siebel application with simple steps.
For the example we decided to theme Siebel with the new cool Oracle Alta UI styling that was recently announced for Oracle’s suite of cloud and mobile applications. Siebel CRM is integrated with Oracle Sales Cloud and maybe you might want to use Alta UI style for both applications, creating a more seamless user experience.
Check out the video, the exact steps are detailed below.
These are the exact steps for applying a Siebel theme, e.g. deploying the new Alta UI theme:
1. Develop the custom .css (usually performed by the web developer to create the preferred style)
2. Copy the custom .css file to the PUBLIC/<Language>/FILES/custom folder
3. Register the custom .css file in the Manifest Files view with the relevant file path (case sensitive and starting with files folder)
4. Register a custom expression in the Manifest Expressions view to determine when the custom theme is selected in the user preferences. The simplest way to do this is to copy an existing manifest expression theme record and edit it.
5. Register a custom PLATFORM DEPENDENT entry for the Application theme in the Manifest Administration view. The simplest way to do this is to copy an existing theme record and edit it.
a. In the object expression list applet associate the new custom expression
b. In the files list applet associate the base (Aurora) .css file
c. In the files list applet associate the new custom .css file (sequence is important – sequence 1, base then extension – sequence 2)
6. Create a new List of Values entry for the custom theme. The simplest way to do this is to copy an existing theme LOV record(s) and edit them with the appropriate LIC entries. Clear the LOV cache.
7. Log off to clear the manifest system cache. Login again.
8. Go to User Preferences -> Behavior
9. Select custom theme and save settings
10. Press F5 to reload the page
If you also want to try the new theme yourself, you can also download the Siebel Alta UI theme here. Have fun with Siebel Open UI themes!