Over the past year, we’ve begun to build a collection of customizations and documents for Open UI and we’ve been sharing them in Github.
Please feel free to take a look at these and use them for your own purposes. Be aware that they’re not actually all part of our product offering, so if you
have issues using anything there, use Github’s issue reporting capability, not Oracle Support.
Github is a place not only to roll out content, but also to collaborate. If you think you can improve on our solutions, please go ahead and submit a pull request, and we’d love for you to share your Open UI customizations here to add to ours, with the goal of strengthening Siebel CRM for everyone. If all you have is a cool idea for something Siebel might be able to achieve, add that as an issue too, and we’ll see what we can do to provide guides or features to help.
Without further ado, here’s an overview of what’s already there.
Open UI - https://git.io/vM6GH
Autocomplete Filter - https://git.io/vM6sb
- By default, the autocomplete filter searches for any result which “contains” the letters you type. This example shows you how the alter the logic from
“contains” to “begins with”, simply by overriding jQuery’s autocomplete filter.
Constrain User Input - https://git.io/vM6sx
- Preventing user error is sometimes considered better than reporting user error. Many Siebel fields, while providing input tools (such as a calendar for
date fields) still allow you to enter data manually. Ideally a date field shouldn’t contain any letters, and this technique will allow you to decide whether a given keypress should be allowed. This could be easily extended to permit only valid credit card numbers to be entered, or to ensure that a flight
locator was in a valid format.
Double Click - https://git.io/vM6Gf
- For so many years, double clicking a record in a picklist did something that felt intuitive; it automatically selected and picked that record. When Open UI
was built, it was felt that double click was used almost nowhere on public websites, so we moved to use only button press mechanics. Open UI however,
allows us to easily re-implement double click if we so chose. This shows you how.
Error Tracking - https://git.io/vM6GI
- Through integration with bugsnag, this feature captures errors that occur in the browser environment which are not detected by the production environment. These console errors are captured as and when they occur, allowing the development team to rectify them quickly. You’ll need to sign up with bugsnag if you intend to implement this in production.
Fluid Form Applets - https://git.io/vM6GC
- Since 2013, no new content from Siebel Engineering implements the old grid-based form applets, but instead use fluid form applets. Fluid forms lose
the feature of WYSIWYG but gain the capability to be responsive to change, allowing a single design to meet the needs of multiple target devices. This
write helps you understand how fluid forms can be created, and how ultimately you can create your own fluid layouts.
Open All Search Results - https://git.io/vM6ZA
- By default, search results are returned in a closed form, allowing you to drill into the one that looks most suitable. This modification opens all
results by default, so you don’t have to click to open any of them.
Post-Load Code - https://git.io/vM6nt
Quick Search - https://git.io/vM6Ch
- This feature allows for a rapid search action through multiple records in a list applet. It’s not perfect and doesn’t work as well in all browsers; maybe
you can help improve it?
Save last applet search - https://git.io/vM6WL
- The last search using the search field is saved and restored for easier future. This functions across devices as it is
saved in the user’s server-based preference file.
Sorted View Dropdown for Tabs - https://git.io/vM6WO - The content in a dropdown tab can now be sorted based on the user’s preference and working practice. Custom functionality can also be added to each and sorted accordingly. This will override the sequence configuration in Tools.
Theme Customization - https://git.io/vM6WG
- Here we provide a number of small theme alterations for you to play with.
Integration Siebel Agent) - https://git.io/vM6Wc
- This framework helps in integrating the desktop programs and files with those running on the browser. An completed example is provided to get system information to be displayed in About > Technical Support - https://git.io/vM6Wu. In addition, for DISA, we have also created a code generator for DISA that you might find helpful at https://git.io/vM6Wi
EAI – JSON CONVERTER
- https://git.io/vM6W1 - This useful eScript based converter, contributed from the can be used to create and interpret JSON strings as well as convert any property set to JSON string and vice versa.
LOAD BALANCING - https://git.io/vM6Wh - The Siebel application enables you to generate a load balancing script for REST services.
Lots more coming soon! please feel free to also contribute your own customized solutions to the community.