For this Partner Spotlight we talked with Juris Terauds, Co-founder, UX Consultant and MD at Idea Port Riga.
Idea Port Riga has a Siebel CRM practice of 45 skilled consultants, and 80% of them have 10+ years of experience with the Siebel platform. Lately, they have been focusing on cross-skilling their consultants by adding UX/UI design, web development, integration, and knowledge of other CRMs to their skill set.
They are currently working with 12 Siebel customers - half of whom are using their services to perform regular Siebel configuration & maintenance activities, while the other half are engaged in Siebel UX improvements.
What are your key Siebel CRM related offerings and services that are available?
- Siebel CRM implementation services: We have been helping customers to customize, integrate, and upgrade their Siebel solutions since 2007. In some cases, we take full responsibility for the client's Siebel solution, but often our consultants work alongside the customer's Siebel team.
- Open UI improvement: This offering is our core differentiator. We have been refining both technology and methodology for successful Siebel UX transformations for the last three years. For the growing number of customers, we use our Nexus tool-set to ensure that their Siebel UX projects deliver substantial improvements for business and users alike, in a cost-efficient manner.
- Development of web and mobile apps running on top of Siebel: 8 years ago, we completed our first project developing the end-client-facing insurance portal, which consumed Siebel SOAP services through the Oracle Fusion Middleware. Now we are building web and mobile apps that run in the cloud and, through API gateways, consume Siebel data using REST services or by data streaming.
- Data streaming with Kafka: Many companies are adopting the Kafka event streaming platform because of its low latency, high throughput and reliability. The main use-case for Siebel CRM is decoupling it from other systems by replacing real-time read API calls with real-time data syncs. With Siebel Event Driven Framework announced at the Virtual Summit, Siebel-Kafka integration becomes way simpler.
What other products or innovations have you created that complement Siebel CRM?
We have three innovations that help Siebel customers to improve their Siebel UX:
- Nexus Face is a low-code development tool for Siebel CRM experts to create an appealing UI in record time. It comes with a customizable set of contemporary UI components and works with Siebel data using Nexus Bridge. Nexus Face makes it straightforward for Siebel teams to develop and maintain the improved Siebel UI: no advanced web skills are required.
- Our latest innovation is Nexus Apps. We have analyzed the best CRM and case-handling applications and designed three applications for the following user-roles: salesperson, customer service and back-office. Pre-built with Nexus Face, these apps are a blueprint for your new Siebel UI, cutting down design and development time even further.
What recent Siebel CRM customer success stories do you have to share?
As of now we are very focused on Siebel Open UI improvement projects; it is extremely gratifying to hear Siebel users' feedback on how excited they are about using the Siebel UI we have implemented for them. In February 2020, Mikko Heikkila from Konecranes shared their Siebel UX transformation journey on the Siebel Virtual CAB (you can watch the recording here).
What is your vision for Siebel CRM innovation and Digital Transformation?
For us, digital transformation is about user experience: customer experience, employee experience, and developer experience. It is about empathizing with the users and understanding their needs as well as streamlining users' journeys and providing them with the beautifully-designed tools that help them to be productive.
Siebel CRM is the best non-SaaS CRM platform, as long as you keep upgrading and innovating with it. In 2021 Siebel customers should consider implementing the following initiatives: Firstly, modernize the Siebel Platform with the Siebel Cloud Native Architecture. As a starting point to the Cloud Native architecture, implement real-time data streaming use-cases and learn Kubernetes hands-on by running Kafka in it. Finally, do something that would directly benefit your business users and improve their experience using Siebel with Nexus Face and Nexus Apps.
In December 2020, we hosted a webinar covering these three initiatives in detail. You can watch the replays here:
Overview: Three Initiatives to Transform Your Siebel CRM in 2021
47 minutes video, presentation PDF
Introduction to Cloud Native Architecture for Siebel Teams
45 minutes video, presentation PDF
Nexus Face: How to Transform the Entire Siebel UI in 6-9 Months
41 minutes video, presentation PDF
Use-Cases for Data Streaming with Kafka in Siebel CRM Environment
42 minutes video, presentation PDF
For more information on Siebel CRM solutions and services, visit the Idea Port Riga website.