Keep your Siebel CRM application upto date with our latest releases to ensure you can take advantage of bug fixes, use the latest features, and keep current with Oracle Support.
1. What Upgrade paths are available for Innovation Pack 2017?
2. Are there any pre-requisites for 17.0 - can IP2017 be installed directly or it should go with upgrade? any prerequisites with for IP2017 upgrade?
If you are currently using 8.1.1 and above a direct upgrade path to IP17 is available. If you are using 8.0 then it requires a 2 step upgrade. Prerequisites are that the OS and Database have to be at a level that is certified for IP2017 (refer to My Oracle Support, Certify tab when IP17 is released)
3. Any reason why customer should first move to IP16 instead of IP17 directly?
This stepped upgrade process might be beneficial if a customer is currently using a very old build of Siebel, however it is generally recommended to always look to stay current with the latest release.
4. Is upgrading to 12c Oracle database mandatory if we want to upgrade to Siebel IP2017?
Due to the time period on 11g support , Oracle 12c both for database server and client should be seen as mandatory for IP2017 and later. Upgrading Siebel CRM and Oracle 12c can be done independently.
5. For an upgrade, do we finish the repository merge then configure SMC?
Yes, that is correct
6. What is the upgrade path from 126.96.36.199 to IP2017 ?
Single step incremental upgrade.
7. Is the upgrade approach to IP17 similar to earlier like IP13 > 15 or different
Yes, that is correct it is the same.