1. Should the certificates be imported on each instance locally as a prerequisite prior to installation?
Certificates will be selected during each install on each separate machine
What do you mean by "locally" ... are you're referring to the OS/browser keystore?
No, these certificates will be used to secure connections between nodes in the topology
2. Is the Gateway's Dynamic Registry now stored in Siebel base tables?
No, it is not stored in Siebel base tables but stored in Zookeeper
3. Will SWE API still work? I mean the bookmarked Siebel URL?
Yes - though URLs are changed
4. For the support of multi-lingual components, will this structure change the way the components are setup today?
No. The change is around virtual directory creation (no longer required), but the architecture is the same i.e. one node (OM) per language per application
5. Do we need Siebel Management Console (SMC) as a licensed product right?
SMC is included for free - there is no separate license
6. Will the new SMC require additional hardware specs/memory, etc?
The same hardware specs that we had for IP2016 will work for IP2017 as well. For development database, we would need additional space and memory. The compiled definition (which is the SRF prior to IP2017) is moved to the database as a runtime compiled definition. Secondly, Workspaces is mandatory, which will use versioning and hence requires additional space.
7. After provisioning a server, can you change the server profile to deploy new server components?
8. Is Siebel CRM no longer using siebsvc.exe or siebmtsh, siebmtshmw?
Those parts of the system are still there, they are controlled by the gateway and the configuration agent
9. Is there any change in the Siebel file system?
There is no change to File System
10. If Siebel 17.0 has its own web server, is this applicable for Unix based installations as well?
.....so it means, we don't need to install any separate web server?
11. Can Gateway and Enterprise deployment be done via command prompt?
There is silent configuration support also for Gateway and Enterprise deployment
12. If the Gateway and Siebel Server services are starting java.exe, does it mean all the code is now written in java?
For the Gateway, all code is in java now. For Siebel Server/Object Manager, there is a java facade for configuration/management
13. At what point do you have to run the database server configuration wizard to install the Siebel database?
Database Server configuration for a fresh database installation can be done after the Siebel installation and prior to SMC configuration.
14. For troubleshooting purposes, how do we increase the Web Server and SWSE logging levels?
There is no SWSE. The web server is inside a java container and various options exist to increase java logging there. When configuring the Application Interface (AI) profile, you can set log levels
15. What if we do not want to have dynamic provisioning?
There are command line options in addition to SMC
16. Are the configuration wizards completely gone?
Yes, configuration wizards are completely gone except for database server configuration
17. By default are all Siebel URLs https enabled?
18. Since we do not have SWSE anymore, how will a migration installation for SWSE work in the case of a Siebel upgrade from say IP15 to IP17?
SWSE migration will be manual, configuration is done via AI profile from SMC
19. Can everything in the SMC be done via an API/CLI ?
Yes the REST API is available for SMC
20. Are Siebel jobs configured in SCM now?
Not yet, SMC only supports initial configuration in IP2017
21. Will HTTP (Not HTTPS) be available in IP 2017 for client connections?
No, HTTPS is the default
...no way using http?
This is not currently customizable.
22. Is the SR Broker removed? what would happen to async requests sent to S_SRM_REQUEST?
SRB is still there, there is no change
23. Does AI relate to SMC? So the flow of installation starts from Certificate generation, AI console and then Gateway, Siebel Server, etc. ?
No AI and SMC are two different terminologies. AI - Application Interface (replacement for SWSE). SMC runs on a Tomcat server and is used for configuration which otherwise in the past was done through Configuration wizards. So the sequence is - Certificate generation, SMC launch and then Gateway, Enterprise, Siebel Server, AI
24. What about the static files which where part of SWSE? and does it also have impact on how Open UI proxy class exchanges data with the Siebel Server?
Those files are provided now by the AI
25. Is srvrmgr still available?
Yes srvrmgr is still there
26. What about the static files which were part of SWWE? does it also have impact on how Open UI proxy class exchanges data with the Siebel Server?
Static files such as js/css/images are now served from the Application Interface installation. No impact on the OpenUI proxy data exchange.
27. Are these app containers similar to java containers needed for REST API and SHA2 support in IP16? and can we do all this configuration the old way? or do we need to do it using SMC only?
Yes. Similar. Configuration can not be done via the original installation wizards, however the UI for the SMC is also backed by a set of command line tools to perform silent/automated installs.
28. Can the server restarts be performed as well from the console, rather than from services ?
No, not in IP17. This will be considered for a future release.
29. What is Enterprise Constraint Server?
Constraint Server is Oracle’s Constraint Engine which is integrated with Siebel Product Configurator. This integration is in Developer Preview for IP17 and will be a future replacement for the iLog constraint engine. For IP17 iLog Constraint engine continues to be the default constraint engine integrated with Product Configurator.
...Enterprise Cache seems to be a prominent component in the deployment for IP2017. What functionality does it provide?
This is related to ACT, the replacement for current configuration Constraint engine.
30. Do requests from the SWSE still follow the same SWSE language/input to the application server?
Requests from AI (SWSE) still uses the same language/input (SISNAPI protocol) to communicate to Siebel Application Server
31. How this configuration is stored in format of xml?
The configuration is stored in the Gateway. It is encrypted inside Zookeeper and accessible only through SMC
32. Will the epps.cfg file be replaced with Application Interface?
Yes, eApps.cfg configuration is now in AI Profile that is stored in Gateway and accessed using SMC