Configure MYSQL for project websynergy on GlassFish V3 in 60 seconds
By siddeshk123 on May 18, 2008
Courtesy : Raju uppalapati from the portal team.
Goal : Making websynergy to work with mysql instead of the default hsql database
1. Install WebSynergy
2. Install mysql running on port 3306. Username : root and password :<password>. Create a database "lportal" in it. From the sql command line client, use the command "create database lportal; "
Accessing websynergy portal :
1. cd to glassfish-synergy/glassfish/bin and run asadmin start-domain
Installing the admin console for the GlassFish V3 :
Changing the existing jdbc connection pool so that it points to mysql :
1. Follow the following screencast to change the existing jdbc hsql connection pool to point to mysql
2. Restart the domain using "asadmin stop-domain" and "asadmin start-domain" commands
2. Login to websynergy http://localhost:8585. Now it uses mysql to store the user data.
Also Check Out :