Java EE/J2EE Web Hosting: Your view as an ISP (web hoster)?
By Shreedhar Ganapathy on Sep 27, 2006
The web hosting landscape comprises a percentage of providers who offer Java EE / J2EE based hosting solutions. We are interested in hearing some feedback from web hosters.
If you are a Java EE /J2EE web hosting provider,
- what do you look for in an application server product?
- Specifically, there are features and facilities that you look for that would allow you to maximize your resource usage
at the lowest possible cost. What are those?
- What drives you to offere a particular application server product?
- What support arrangements do you make with appserver vendors or support providers in order to keep the server environment up and running for mission critical apps of customers.
- What choices and type of hardware and OS environments do you typically offer for customers?
Needless to say, this is an attempt to understand the web hosting segment landscape and generate feedback from both Web Hosting providers and users of such services.
This will help us to come up with functionalities that would address your requirements with the ensuing releases of Project GlassFish.