Friday Jan 16, 2009
Thursday Jan 08, 2009
By Shay Shmeltzer-Oracle on Jan 08, 2009
Wednesday Jan 07, 2009
By Shay Shmeltzer-Oracle on Jan 07, 2009
I'm proud to introduce the Tomcat extension for JDeveloper (which can be used for other servers too*).
Here is a little video of the extension at work.
This extension will let you start/stop and start in debug mode an external server such as Tomcat directly from inside JDeveloper.
You can then use the regular one-click deploy and remote debug to run/debug your application on that server.
To install the extension just use help->check for update from inside JDeveloper 11g. (or get it from Here. Note -for JDeveloper 11.1.2 and onward get this version)
Then go into Tools->Preferences->Tomcat and insert the names of 3 bat files that will start/stop/and start debug your server.
An example of these files on my machines are:
C:\apache-tomcat-6.0.18\bin\catalina jpda start
I built this extension mostly as another sample for extension development capabilities. I'll post another blog entry highlighting some of the things it shows about extension development. You can download a JDeveloper project with the source for the extension from here - feel free to improve it (especially the Tomcat icons).
*While the extension is called the tomcat extension, you can use it for any other server that you can invoke with bat files - just point to them in the tomcat preferences.
Here is the video showing the extension in action:
Monday Dec 01, 2008
Friday Feb 15, 2008
- Doughnut Chart - a Yummy Addition to Oracle ADF Faces
- Enabling CORS for ADF Business Component REST Services
- Remote TaskFlows/Remote Region - For Advanced Reusability in Oracle ADF
- REST based CRUD with Oracle ADF Business Components
- Responsive UI in Oracle ADF 12.2.1 with the MatchMediaBehavior Tag
- Introducing the Masonry Layout in Oracle ADF 12.2.1
- OOW and JavaOne 2015 - Where I'll Be
- Hot Deployment in JDeveloper 12c - Don't Stop/Start Your App
- Leveraging Oracle Developer Cloud Service in SQL and PL/SQL Projects - lifecycle and team collaboration
- Leveraging Icon Fonts (Font Awesome) in Oracle ADF - 500 New Icons for your app