Code Highlighting in JDeveloper - Did you know?
By Shay Shmeltzer-Oracle on Jul 10, 2006
I wrote a while back about the variable highlighter extension to JDeveloper. When discussing adding its features to our current code highlighter, I got a list of some of the cool code highlightings that the JDeveloper code editor currently does.
So in case you didn't know, try the following
1. Stand on an exception and click highlight, the methods that might raise this exception will be highlighted.
1.5 This works also in the throws section.
2. Stand on an interface and click highlight, the artifacts in your code that relates to this interface (such as methods that are part of its implementation) will get highlighted.
3. Stand on a method and click highlight, the places where this method is being called will be highlighted.
4. Stand on the return type for a method and click highlight, the return statements in the method will be highlighted.
5. Stand on a type and click highlight, all the object with this type will be highlighted.