LDoms 1.2 is out!
By Eric S-Oracle on Jul 04, 2009
The LDoms team is pleased to announce the availability of LDoms v1.2.
In this new release you will find the following features:
- Support for CPU power management
- Support for jumbo frames
- Restriction of delayed reconfiguration operations to the control domain
- Support for configuring domain dependencies
- Support for autorecovery of configurations
- Support for physical-to-virtual migration tool
- Support for configuration assistant tools.
In addition, as I mention here, this release fully enables the enhanced FMA IO fault diagnosis changes introduced into the Solaris 10 5/09 release (aka s10u7).
UPDATE: One important thing I forgot to mention is that this release supports OpenSolaris 2009.06 for SPARC. OpenSolaris can be run either as the control/io/service domain or within a guest domain.
In addition, the LDoms 1.2 LDom Manager & related files are available as an IPS package in the /dev repository under SUNWldom.
CORRECTION: I jumped the gun: the IPS package with LDoms 1.2 is not quite ready yet, but should be available very soon. When it is, it'll be under "ldomsmanager".
UPDATE 2: LDoms 1.2 is now available via IPS. Details here.