Saturday Feb 23, 2008
Saturday Jan 20, 2007
By Eric S on Jan 20, 2007
1) I am a licensed (but currently inactive) pilot. I passed my checkride in 1989. Unfortunately, lacking sufficient time or finances to maintain my proficiency, I stopped and have not flown in the past 15 or so years. I still yearn to get back up in the air.
2) I have played several instruments. I played french horn in my junior high school band. It didn't last long; the difficulty lugging the thing around meant I didn't do much practicing at home. I also took piano lessons as a kid, but never got very far with those either. More recently, I took an adult Ed. class to learn to play harmonica. Now there's a nice portable instrument! I still pick it up every once in a while and play a blues lick or two...
3) I saw Queen in concert in Buffalo, NY in 1979. My college roommate camped out for tickets, and we wound up with 8th row seats (plus the stage was jutting out four rows where we were sitting). It was one of the best concerts I can remember (there were a few I barely remember, but that's another story); Freddie Mercury was an amazing performer. RIP.
4) My nickname in college was Flounder. From the movie Animal House. Because my roommate decided to give me a nickname that bore no resemblance to my personality. This is the same roommate who got me 8th row Queen tickets, so I cut him enough slack.
5) I am a member of the Eric Conspiracy Secret Laboratories:
- Cross-CPU migration in LDoms 3.1
- Oracle Open World 2012
- Oracle VM Server for SPARC 2.2: Improved whole-core allocation
- Dynamic Threading in the SPARC T4 Processor
- SPARC SuperCluster T4-4 Announced
- Oracle VM Server for SPARC 2.1 Released!
- We're live on http://blogs.oracle.com
- New security white paper for Oracle VM Server for SPARC
- Oracle VM Server for SPARC 2.0 available on T2 & T2 Plus Servers
- Memory DR in Oracle VM Server for SPARC 2.0