By Scott Fehrman on Aug 23, 2008
This past Thursday evening we had our third meeting. Sun hosted the meeting in their Itasca, IL office. The attendees included the local Sun Identity team, partners (Laurus Technologies) and users (United Airlines, Motorola, Kraft Foods, Northeastern Illinois University).
To "kick-off" the meeting, the Sun Identity team asked the User Group community for help ... Leveraging the wikis.sun.com site, they started a new collaboration site focused at sharing Identity Manager knowledge. http://wikis.sun.com/display/sunidmdev is a wiki site where registered users can share their workflows, forms, and other artifacts with the community.
|6:00 - 6:30||Greetings and Catered Dinner|
|6:30 - 6:45||Introductions|
|6:45 - 7:30||What's New with Identity Manager and Role Manager|
|7:30 - 7:45||Break|
|7:45 - 8:30||Integrating Identity Manager and Access Manager (OpenSSO)|
|8:30 - 9:00||User Group business|
The first presentation was given by the Identity folks at Sun. They gave an overview of Identity Manager 8.0 and Role Manager 4.0. They covered the new features, integration points and a roadmap. The second presentation was given by Laurus Technologies. They gave a presentation and demonstration related to how you can integrate Identity Manager with Access Manager (they actually used OpenSSO, very cool).
During the "business" part of the meeting, we talked about how to improve the User Group. Here is what the members asked for:
- Want to hear customer stories
- Have meetings during business hours
- Allow remote attendance (webex)
|8:30 - 9:00||Greetings and Breakfast|
|9:00 - 9:45||Customer Story: Motorola|
|9:45 - 10:30||Customer Story: To Be Confirmed|
|10:30 - 11:00||User Group business|
Sun Microsystems, Inc. Two Pierce Place 15th Floor, Skyline Conference Room Itasca, IL 60143
- Sun Role Manager SOD and Compliance
- Sun Identity Manager and and Access Manager integration
- Directory Server non-people use
- Federated Access Manger 8 feature update
- Sun JavaCaps 6 feature update
- Password Sync with Active Directory
- Identity Manager to enable business growth
- PKI integration
- Customer Stories
- Panel of Customers for Role Manager
- Identity as a software service (SaaS)
- External facing deployments
- Role Rationalizaton: best practices, customer deployments
If you wish to be imformed (sent emails) of User Group activities, please send an email to RequestChicagoIdmLUG at Sun dot COM and you will be added to the mailing list.