New Auto Service Request (ASR) video; ASR Manager 3.1 available; Oracle community for ASR
By seltzer on Apr 09, 2011
New ASR Video
Check out the new Auto Service Request (ASR) demo video on oracle.com/asr.
Or, view it right here:
ASR Manager version 3.1 is available
You can access the ASR 3.1 download and documentation via the link at the bottom of http://oracle.com/asr.
Changes in ASR 3.1 include:
- ASR Manager 3.1 is installable on any Solaris 10 or OEL (Oracle Enterprise Linux) operating environment
- Supports the ability to install the ASR Manager on a non-qualified, non-entitled server. This means the ASR Manager can be installed in a Solaris local zone or LDOM, in virtual environments such as VirtualBox and VMWare, and on M-Series domains and Blade servers.
- Changes in customer email notifications.
- The updated user documentation includes examples of the new email messages.
- Our customers and Partners are advised to use My Oracle Support to manage their ASR assets, as well as the ASR Manager "list_asset" command.
- The "asr report" command is now disabled.
See the "What's new" section of Oracle ASR Installation and Operations Guide for more info on ASR 3.1 changes.