Steps to Mitigate Database Security Worst Practices
By Troy Kitch-Oracle on Dec 10, 2010
The recent Top 6 Database Security Worst Practices webcast revealed the Top 6, and a bonus 7th , database security worst practices:
- Privileged user "all access pass"
- Allow application bypass
- Minimal and inconsistent monitoring/auditing
- Not securing application data from OS-level user
- No SQL injection defense
- Sensitive data in non-production environments
- Not securing complete database environment
These practices are uncovered in the 2010 IOUG Data Security Survey. As part of the webcast we looked at each one of these practices and how you can mitigate them with the Oracle Defense-in-Depth approach to database security. There's a lot of additional information to glean from the webcast, so I encourage you to check it out here and see how your organization measures up.