Wednesday Mar 27, 2013
Thursday Mar 21, 2013
By Troy Kitch on Mar 21, 2013
Q&A: Ontario Commissioner and Leading Privacy Expert Dr. Ann Cavoukian
Dr. Ann Cavoukian is both Ontario's information and privacy commissioner and one of the leading privacy experts in the world. In January, Dr. Cavoukian and Oracle released a new white paper covering the convergence of privacy and security.
Oracle Named a Leader in Gartner Magic Quadrant for Data Masking Technology
Gartner, Inc. has named Oracle as a leader in its “Magic Quadrant for Data Masking Technology,” published in December 2012.
Virgin Media Relies on Oracle Identity Management to Secure Wi-Fi Service in the London Underground
Leading up to the 2012 Olympics, Virgin Media was entrusted with a massive undertaking—to quickly and securely provide London's Underground stations with Wi-Fi service. The company turned to two Oracle Identity Management solutions—Oracle Virtual Directory and Oracle Entitlements Server—to successfully deliver.
Tuesday Mar 19, 2013
By Troy Kitch on Mar 19, 2013
Oracle OpenWorld call for speaking proposals is now open. Take the stage at one of the biggest IT conferences of the year and take part in shaping the IT discussion of today and tomorrow. Through the year, we keep hearing about how Oracle Database Security customers are looking to hear from their peers, discuss Oracle solutions, and engage with our technology experts, so if you have experience with and expertise on Oracle Database Security, do submit your speaking proposal for Oracle OpenWorld. The call for papers closes on April 12. Visit the Call for Proposals section to get general information, content policies, tips, guidelines and more.
Oracle OpenWorld 2013 will be held this year from September 22 - 26 in San Francisco, CA.
Friday Mar 15, 2013
By Troy Kitch on Mar 15, 2013
One of the many issues security professionals face is tracking down information for their particular security challenges. Oracle has a multitude of resources across our comprehensive database security defense-in-depth solutions. Quite frankly, it can be difficult to find the particular information you're looking for. So, here's an attempt to consolidate some of those key resources:
- Oracle Database Security Solutions
- Oracle Audit Vault and Database Firewall (database activity monitoring and firewall)
- Oracle Advanced Security (transparent data encryption)
- Oracle Database Vault (privileged user access controls)
- Oracle Label Security (label based access controls)
- Oracle Data Masking (masking data in non-production database environments)
- Oracle Technology Network
Customer Case Studies
Events and Training
Analyst, News, and Social
- Security Analyst Reports
- Oracle Database on Twitter @OracleDatabase
- Oracle Database on Facebook
- Oracle Database on LinkedIn
- Oracle Database on Google+
- Security Inside Out blog (hint: you're here!)
- Security Inside Out newsletter
- Data Sheets
- White Papers
- Documentation: Oracle Database 11g Security
- Documentation: Oracle Audit Vault and Database Firewall
Who are we?
Follow us on
- February Edition of Security Inside Out Newsletter, Now Available
- Bitcoin Exchange Files Bankruptcy in Wake of Cyber Attack
- Part 3: Controlling Data Access and Restricting Privileged Data in Oracle Database
- Part 2: Controlling Data Access and Restricting Privileged Data in Oracle Database
- New Blog Focused on Oracle Advanced Security
- Controlling Data Access and Restricting Privileged Data in Oracle Database
- Webcast with ISACA - Want Better Data Security?
- Oracle Data Redaction Article in Oracle Magazine
- Recent Breaches Prove Risks to Retail Industry Higher than Ever
- Nice Article on Oracle Data Redaction