By Troy Kitch-Oracle on May 12, 2016
Ministry of Justice of Spain (Ministerio de Justicia de España) is the public entity responsible for preparing, managing, and executing Spanish government justice system policy. It oversees the consistent execution of national laws across the country’s 23 provincial
“We selected Oracle because we know its solutions work flawlessly. Oracle solutions are an investment in peace of mind and security,” said Jose Luis Hernández Carrión, Deputy Director of New Technologies for Justice.
Spain’s Ministry of Justice allocates resources based on different jurisdictional needs, which fluctuate based on crime rates,
- Ensure compliance with data privacy laws by protecting citizens’ personal data
- Control and monitor access to data, restricting it to authorized users and mitigating the risk of data leaks
- Enable real-time backup of geographically disperse databases to reduce downtime, improve recovery time, and reduce costs
- Comply with data privacy laws by using Oracle Advanced Security to encrypt more than 400 million pieces of citizens’ personal information
- Establish an access control and monitoring system, isolating user functions to enable only authorized users to access or modify data, logging all accesses to mitigate the risk of data leaks and ensure accountability
- Secure data in development and test environments with Oracle Data Masking and Subsetting Pack, enabling the ministry to develop and test new applications without compromising sensitive data, reducing overall masking time from a week to a few hours
- Use Oracle Active Data Guard to centralize more than 20 geographically dispersed standby databases, reducing costs 8x by executing 8 backups simultaneously on a single machine
- Enable real-time backups with Oracle Active Data Guard, eliminating downtime and reducing data recovery window from 48 hours or more to 2 hours—improving the ministry’s productivity and enabling forms and data to remain available to citizens
Oracle Advanced Security, Oracle Data Masking and Subsetting Pack, and Oracle Active Data Guard seamlessly integrated with the ministry’s Oracle Database.