This is Stephen Green's blog. It's about the theory and practice of text search engines, with occasional forays into Machine Learning and statistical NLP. Steve is the PI of the Information Retrieval and Machine Learning project in Oracle Labs.
- The Information Retrieval and Machine Learning group in Oracle Labs is looking for a solid research software engineer
- Leaving Sun
- Homebrew Hybrid Storage Pool
- Why do you want a free ISMIR registration?
- Dear ZFS and Time Slider teams: Will you marry me?
- Crikey! Fix a bug and look what you get!
- Scalin' Dictionaries 2: Electric BST
- Scaling a dictionary
- Running Mahout on Elastic MapReduce
- Distributed Key Stores: Roll your own!