This is Stephen Green's blog. It's about the theory and practice of text search engines, with occasional forays into recommendation and other technologies that can use a good text search engine. Steve is the PI of the Information Retrieval and Machine Learning project in Oracle Labs.
- Leaving Sun
- Homebrew Hybrid Storage Pool
- Why do you want a free ISMIR registration?
- Dear ZFS and Time Slider teams: Will you marry me?
- Crikey! Fix a bug and look what you get!
- Scalin' Dictionaries 2: Electric BST
- Scaling a dictionary
- Running Mahout on Elastic MapReduce
- Distributed Key Stores: Roll your own!
- Compare and contrast: The Tragically Hip edition