You Wrote 150 Tutorials!
By seapegasus on May 22, 2008
Since James is travelling, I will quickly mention an announcement from the Community Docs team.Varun Nischal, the NetBeans community docs contribution coordinator, reports another milestone: In the less than 4 months since we reached the 100 mark on February 5th, another 50 docs were contributed by NetBeans developers! Varun says:
Yes, this means you. :-) Do you have a useful tip lying around in your head, a solution you discovered and think, hey, maybe somebody else has the some question? It's very easy to contribute:
All credit goes to you and your passion towards NetBeans making it possible for us to achieve such milestones. There are still potential contributors either amongst you or in waiting, who have still not realised their potential and when they do, we would be unstoppable! Keep up the good work!
- Go to wiki.netbeans.org (you can get a login here).
- Click Community Docs in the top left, it contains all the info you need.
- Scroll down to Community Docs In Progress and add a line for what you want to write. Surround the name of your document with angular braces, like this: [How to grow esparagus]
- Save the page, and the title will turn into a link. Click the link to create a new empty page for your doc.
- The wiki syntax is very easy, and even if you just write plain text, it will be okay. The content counts. :-)