PRINCE2 Foundation Project Management Course
By Sylvain Duloutre on Dec 22, 2008
Recently I attended a 3 day PRINCE2
foundation training class. Since them, I've started to use this methodology to secure projects I'm working on.
PRINCE2 (PRojects IN Controlled Environments) is a process-based method for effective project management. PRINCE2 is a de facto standard used extensively by the UK Government and is widely recognised and used in the private sector, both in the UK and internationally.
The key features of PRINCE2 are:
- Its focus on business justification
- A defined organization structure for the project management team
- Its product-based planning approach
- Its emphasis on dividing the project into manageable and controllable stages
- Its flexibility to be applied at a level appropriate to the project