Wednesday Sep 16, 2009
Tuesday Sep 08, 2009
By user9148476 on Sep 08, 2009
The FMRI string describing a fault managed resource is updated to include the serial number of a product. On SPARC, serial numbers of the FRUs and chassis have been present for quite some time - and we're getting there with x86 (check out the x86gentopo project. With this integration, the FMRI is extended as such:
hc://:product-id=SUNW,T5440:product-sn=123456:server-id=bur99-83/chassis=0/ motherboard=0This modest change is actually quite important to Sun's Auto Service Request (ASR) offering. With the product serial number, service entitlement can be confirmed automatically based on FMA telemetry. A further streamlining of the back-end of ASR - so a faster dispatch of parts and service personnel to customers.
This change applies to all x86 systems, whether or not the x86 generic enumerator is being used. It's also active on all platforms employing the sun4v platform independent enumerator, the first being systems based on Rainbow Falls.
Thursday Sep 03, 2009
By user9148476 on Sep 03, 2009
So fire up package-manager and install it - or use the groovy install link from the repo directly.
- Oracle Solaris 10 Update 9: FMA Fixes
- nmap 5.35DC1 Compile on OpenSolaris
- What Topology Map(s) is FMA Using?
- SPARC and Oracle Solaris
- ONNV Firefox Search Engine
- nmap 5.30 (BETA1) Compile on OpenSolaris
- Intel CPU/Memory HotPlug for OpenSolaris
- skipfish on OpenSolaris
- SATA Disk Diagnosis Hits x86 OpenSolaris
- OpenSolaris IPS Workspace Build & Test Run