By Simon Coter-Oracle on Jun 03, 2016
Identify orphan virtual-disks on repository can be a nightmare; mostly if you have more repositories and many virtual-disks to check.
- What is it an orphan virtual-disk ?
- Why do I need to identify them ?
==> Identify orphan virtual-disk can help to reclaim disk-space available on Oracle VM Repositories <==
So, like on many other examples, scripting with Oracle VM CLI can help us; here you can find a script able to identify all orphan virtual-disks; and you have two different options:
- verify orphan virtual-disk on a specific repository
- verify orphan virtual-disk on all repositories managed by Oracle VM Manager
The script is also able to supply the amount of disk-space recovered by deleting all orphan virtual-disks on a specific repository; output of the script will also present the Oracle VM CLI commands to execute to remove all orphan virtual-disks.
Script is compatible, able to interact and has been tested with:
- Oracle VM 3.2
- Oracle VM 3.3
- Oracle VM 3.4
Here you can find some execution examples:
- Script executed on a specific repository (orphan virtual-disks identified and recoverable space specified)
- Script executed on a specific repository (no orphan virtual-disks)
- Script executed on all repositories (no repository specified)
To proceed to the setup pay attention to the README file attached to the download.
Feedback and comments are, as always, appreciated.