By Simon Coter-Oracle on Jul 26, 2016
The target of this script is to build-up a report of all Oracle VM Servers (OVS) managed by an Oracle VM Manager on one or more Oracle VM Pools. Following script is compatible with Oracle VM 3.2, 3.3 and 3.4.
The output obtained is one csv file containing all the main informations related to all the OVS; the table will be composed of:
- Oracle VM Pool Name
- Oracle VM Server Name (hostname)
- dom0 UUID (Unique identified of dom0)
- Management IP (IP Address used on Management Network)
- Status (Running/Stopped/Maintenance)
- Memory (Amount of total Memory available on the physical system)
- dom0 Memory (Amount of Memory dedicated to dom0)
- Socket (number of Socket(s) enabled on the system)
- Processors (number of CPUs available on the system - core/threads)
- CPU Compatibility Group (Group to evaluate the possible live-migration of VMs between Host systems)
- Oracle VM Release (detailed release of Oracle VM Server installed)
- Manufacturer/Model (Manufacturer and model of the physical server)
- Server Architecture (x86-64 or Sparc)
- Hypervisor (OVM/Xen or LDOM)
- Bios Release (Release of the BIOS installed on the system)
- Bios Release Date (Release date of the BIOS installed)
Here you can find an example of output generated by this script:
At the same time, into the same package, you'll find an updated version of "ExportVmDetails" script (presented here on June, 29th 2016).
The script has been improved with following enhancements:
- Status of VM added to the report
- vDisk space used is now available also on Oracle VM 3.2 Release
- vDisk space max is now available also on Oracle VM 3.2 Release
- Physical Disk size is now available also on Oracle VM 3.2 Release
The updated package can be downloaded here.
Please pay attention of file "README_FIRST.txt" that will describe, step-by-step, how to install these scripts and have them configured in a couple of minutes.
As always, feedback and comments are really appreciated.