Tuesday Nov 26, 2013
By paul.homchick on Nov 26, 2013
By Jon Chorley, Chief Sustainability Officer and Group Vice President of SCM Product Strategy & PLM, Oracle
With the financial pressures that most organizations have had to navigate in recent times, the role of the CFO has been put under the spotlight. And as our global research study with Accenture pointed out, these pressures have seen the CFO’s role evolve from financial leader to corporate strategist and change agent.
In this expanded role CFOs are wearing many hats, but have you ever thought about how the goals of supply chain executives and the CFO are now intrinsically linked?[Read More]
Friday Nov 15, 2013
By Pam Petropoulos on Nov 15, 2013
Registration for the European Value Chain Summit is now open.
Date: March 18 – 19, 2014
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Venue: Mövenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Centre
Join us for a thought leadership forum to explore how new solutions encompassing social, mobile, analytics, and the Cloud are helping companies transform their business through modern value chains.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
The Oracle European Value Chain Summit brings together thought leaders, executives, business process owners along with industry and technology experts in an intimate and interactive setting.
WHAT YOU'LL GAIN
The Summit will feature industry keynotes, strategic presentations and customer case studies across three complementary solution areas: Value Chain Planning, Value Chain Execution, and Enterprise Product Lifecycle Management. Hands-on workshops and solution demonstrations will complement the program for immediate user experience.
Register early to secure your spot at the Summit.
Friday Nov 01, 2013
By John Murphy on Nov 01, 2013
By Hannes Sandmeier, Vice President of cMRO and Depot Repair Development
Smart businesses are increasing their focus on core competencies and aggressively cutting costs in their supply chains. Outsourcing repairs can enable a business to focus on what they do best and most profitably while delivering top-notch customer service through partners that specialize in reverse logistics and repair. A well managed “virtual service organization” can deliver fast turn times, lower costs and high customer satisfaction. A poorly managed partner network can deliver disaster for your business.
Managing a virtual service organization requires accurate, real-time information and collaboration tools that enable smart, informed and immediate corrective action. To meet this need, Oracle has released the Oracle Outsourced Repair Solution to provide the “control tower” for managing outsourced reverse supply chain operations from customer complaint through remediation to partner claim settlement. The new solution provides real-time visibility to return status, location, turn time, discrepancies and partner performance. Additionally, its web portals allow partners and carriers to view assigned work, request parts, enter data, capture time and submit claims.
Leveraging the combined power of Oracle E-Business Suite and Oracle E-Business Suite Extensions for Oracle Endeca, the Oracle Outsourced Repair Solution provides a comprehensive set of tools that range from quick online partner registration to partner claim reconciliation, from capturing parts and labor to Oracle Cost Management and Financials integration, and from part requisition to waste and hazmat controls.
These tools empower service operations managers to:
· Increase customer satisfaction Ensure customers are satisfied by holding partners accountable for the speed and quality of repairs, and taking immediate corrective action when things go wrong
· Reduce costs: Remove waste from the repair process using accurate job cost and cost breakdown data
· Increase return velocity: Users have the tools to view all orders in flight and immediately know the current location, status, owner and contact point for repairs so as to be able to remove bottlenecks, resolve discrepancies and manage escalations
The Oracle Outsourced Repair Solution further demonstrates Oracle’s commitment to helping supply chain professionals and service managers deliver high customer satisfaction at the lowest cost.
For more information on the Oracle Outsourced Repair Solution, visit here.
A Blog about how Oracle helps organizations transform their supply chains into more holistic and integrated value chains that cover the three key operational pillars; Demand, Supply and Product.
- IDC Positive Perspective of Value Chain Summit 2014
- What MLB Season Scheduling Means to Your Supply Chain
- Oracle Introduces In-Memory Cost Management Applications for Process and Discrete Industries
- Who's Talking about OVCS? Here's Your Media Round-up.
- That's a Wrap for the 2nd Annual Oracle Value Chain Summit
- Want a New Revenue Source? Look at your Product Returns! WHAT?
- What to Expect at the Oracle Value Chain Summit
- Oracle Global Trade Management Achieves AES Certification to Support End-to-End Customs Filing Process
- Logistics is Cool!
- CIO2CIO Video