Thursday Apr 11, 2013
Wednesday Dec 12, 2012
By John Murphy on Dec 12, 2012
These are just a few of the companies that will be presenting at the Value Chain Summit Feb 4-6 in San Francisco. Register today!
Monday Nov 19, 2012
By John Murphy on Nov 19, 2012
Supply Chain and Logistics Summit North America brings together senior professionals who are seeking out the latest supply chain management practices. Oracle will be on-hand to present a general session and meet with customers. Please consider attending. http://www.supplychain.us.com/pricing/
Monday Oct 29, 2012
By John Murphy on Oct 29, 2012
Download your exclusive Oracle e-book, Oracle Value Chain Execution: Reinventing Logistics Excellence, to learn why our world-leading, unified solution is relied on by market-leading companies across the planet.
Discover how it can help you:
- Drive business agility, scalability and innovation
- Reduce costs and increase efficiency
- Enhance visibility, productivity and inventory accuracy
- Simplify compliance and mitigate risk
- Measure and boost customer satisfaction
Monday Oct 22, 2012
By John Murphy on Oct 22, 2012
Oracle Named a Leader in the Transportation Management Systems Market by Leading Analyst Firm
(1) Gartner, Inc., “Magic Quadrant for Transportation Management Systems,” by C. Dwight Klappich, August 23, 2012
(2) Gartner, Inc., “Market Trends: A Golden Opportunity in the Transportation Management System Market, 2012 – 2016,” by Chad Eschinger and C. Dwight Klappich, September 24, 2012.
About Oracle Applications
Over 65,000 customers worldwide rely on Oracle's complete, open and integrated enterprise applications to achieve superior results. Oracle provides a secure path for customers to benefit from the latest technology advances that improve the customer software experience and drive better business performance. Oracle Applications Unlimited is Oracle's commitment to customer choice through continuous investment and innovation in current applications offerings. Oracle's next-generation Fusion Applications build upon that commitment, and are designed to work with and evolve Oracle's Applications Unlimited offerings. Oracle's lifetime support policy helps ensure customers will continue to have a choice in upgrade paths, based on their enterprise needs. For more information on the latest Oracle Applications releases go towww.oracle.com/applications
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ:ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Tuesday Sep 25, 2012
By John Murphy on Sep 25, 2012
We live in a world of incredible bounty and speed where any product can be delivered anywhere on earth. However, our world is also filled with challenges for business – where volatility, uncertainty, risk, and chaos are our daily companions. To prosper amid the realities of this new world, organizations cannot rely on old strategies; they need new business models.
Key trends within the global economy are mandating that companies fully integrate global trade management best practices within broader supply chain management strategies, rather than simply leaving it as a discrete event at the end of the order or procurement cycle.
To explain, many companies face a complicated and changing compliance environment. This is directly linked to the speed and configuration of the supply chain, particularly with the explosion of new markets, shorter service cycles and ship times, accelerating rates of globalization and outsourcing, and increasing product complexity and regulation.
Monday Sep 10, 2012
By John Murphy on Sep 10, 2012
ARC write-up on the recent OTM SIG event.
The Oracle Transportation Management Special Interest Group (OTM SIG) hosted its 6th annual user conference in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, August 13-15, 2012. This independently run conference drew almost 400 attendees, predominantly Oracle Transportation Management (OTM) users. It featured four concurrent tracks that included both functionally and technically focused presentations. The tracks included a number of informative presentations by OTM users from various industries. These discussed the users' implementations, current usage, and future plans for OTM within their organizations. ARC Advisory Group found ConAgra's and Mutual Materials' presentations on OTM adoption and Kraft's presentation on the company's use of Fusion Transportation Intelligence particularly informative.
Monday Aug 27, 2012
Tuesday Jul 31, 2012
By John Murphy on Jul 31, 2012
GrowHow Selects Oracle Supply Chain Solution to Improve Operational Efficiency in an Increasingly Competitive Market
UK’s Premier Fertiliser Manufacturer and a Major Supplier to the Process Chemicals Industry to Implement Oracle Solution
GrowHow, a UK manufacturer and supplier of nitrogen based chemicals, ammonium nitrate and compound fertilizers and a major supplier to the process chemicals industry, has selected key applications from the Oracle Supply Chain Management solution to gain visibility and control of its fulfillment operations and to improve operational effectiveness. Read more...
Monday Jul 16, 2012
By John Murphy on Jul 16, 2012
The Coca Cola Company is the world’s largest beverage company, serving consumers in more than 200 countries. Coca Cola’s Commercial Products Supply group processes more than 400 daily shipments and is responsible for millions of cases in addition to more than 1,000 points of delivery, 4,000 finished goods, and 5,000 ingredients and packaging materials worldwide.
Globally, Coca Cola did not have a standard process for managing transportation. It also needed a better understanding of its freight costs to make decisions that would support its Coca ColaVision 2020 business strategy goals, including reducing inventory and increasing sales volume each year. Read More
Monday Jun 25, 2012
By John Murphy on Jun 25, 2012
The Oracle Transportation Management (OTM) User Conference agenda is now available.
The event brings together users, implementers and prospective customers of OTM.
The event is held annually in Philadelphia with this year's event taking place August 12 - 15.
Follow one of the links to see the complete agenda and to register to attend. http://otmconference.com/agenda.aspx
Tuesday Jun 12, 2012
By John Murphy on Jun 12, 2012
Welcome to our fourth annual transportation procurement benchmark report. American Shipper, in partnership with the Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals (CSCMP) and the Retail Industry Leaders Association (RILA), surveyed roughly 275 transportation buyers and sellers on procurement practices, processes, technologies and results.
Some key findings:
• Manual, spreadsheet-based procurement processes remain the most prevalent among transportation buyers, with 42 percent of the total
• Another 25 percent of respondents use a hybrid platform, which presumably means these buyers are using spreadsheets for at least one mode and/or geography
• Only 23 percent of buyers are using a completely systems-based approach of some kind
• Shippers were in a holding pattern with regards to investment in procurement systems the past year
• Roughly three-quarters of survey respondents report that transportation spend has increased in 2012, although the pace has declined slightly from last year’s increases
• Nearly every survey respondent purchases multiple modes of transportation
• The number of respondents with plans to address technology to support the procurement process has increased in 2012. About one quarter of respondents who do not have a system report they have a budget for this investment in the next two years.
Tuesday Jun 05, 2012
TAKE Solutions Implements Oracle Mobile Supply Chain Applications for Leading Housewares Manufacturer
By John Murphy on Jun 05, 2012
TAKE Solutions Ltd. [BSE: 532890 | NSE: TAKE], a leader in the Supply Chain Management and Life Sciences domains, today announced the successful implementation of Oracle Mobile Supply Chain Applications (MSCA®) for a leading manufacturer of household goods. Leveraging TAKE’s more than 15 years of expertise with the Oracle® E-business Suite products, the customer has achieved real-time inventory visibility into manufacturing, put-away and customer shipments. TAKE also implemented location control and cycle counting to provide additional visibility and inventory accuracy.
Wednesday May 30, 2012
Monday May 14, 2012
By John Murphy on May 14, 2012
A Blog about how Oracle helps organizations transform their supply chains into more holistic and integrated value chains that cover the three key operational pillars; Demand, Supply and Product.
- Agents of Change - The Latest Value Chain Customer Video
- How the Greatest Comeback in Sports History Can Change your Supply Chain
- Why Companies are Really Buying Applications in the Cloud
- Improving Your Global Supply Chain Velocity, ITDS Approval Times Cut!
- A Discussion with Oracle's Expert on Innovation Management
- Sears to Present on Transportation & Big Data at SCOPE Spring 2014
- Oracle OpenWorld 2014 Call for Proposals is Open!
- Oracle Named a Leader in Gartner 2014 Magic Quadrant for Supply Chain Planning System of Record
- Top 5 Reasons to Attend the Oracle Maintenance Summit in Barcelona!
- Innovation Management Is Here!
- /Oracle Supply Chain Management
- /Product Lifecycle Management
- /Value Chain Execution
- /Value Chain Planning