NetBeans Module Update center for NetBeans 4.1 and Sun Java Studio Creator 2 (EA2)
By sandipchitale on Jan 18, 2006
In the entry NetBeans Module Update center I talked about the Java File Structure and Java Type Hierarchy modules. I am making the NetBeans 4.1 compatible versions of these modules available on a different update center. You may also know that Sun Java Studio Creator 2 (EA2) is based on NetBeans 4.1 code base. Therefore these modules will work on Sun Java Studio Creator 2 (EA2) also.
I have configured a separate NetBeans Update Center so that you can install these modules on NetBeans 4.1 and Sun Java Studio Creator 2 (EA2).
NOTE: These modules are compatible with NetBeans 4.1 and Sun Java Studio Creator 2 (EA2)
NOTE2: The key bindings for the modules are differnt for 4.1 compatible versions of the modules.
The Update Center URL is:
To add the Update Center do the following in NetBeans 4.1 or Sun Java Studio Creator 2 (EA2) IDE:
- Select Tools:Options menu item
- Select Options:IDE Configuration:System:Autoupdate Types. In Creator IDE, you will have to select the Advanced radio button at the top of options dialog first.
- Right Click and select New:General Update Center
- Enter Sandip Chitale's Modules for Name and click Finish
- In options dialog expand Autoupdate Types node, select Sandip Chitale's Modules
- On the right hand side enter:
as the value for Server Url poropetry. Also make sure the Enabled property is selected. Then close all the dialogs.
Now select the Tools:Update Center menu item. You should see the Sandip Chitale's Modules entry in the update centers list. Install the modules by finishing the wizard.
DISCLAIMER: These modules are experimental. So no guarantees. Use the modules at your own risk.