By ranjansatya on May 08, 2008
You need to install other Portal Pack 2.0 plug-ins before installing this plug-in.
Using this plug-in :
- You can write portlets which can be deployed on the WebSynergy and Liferay.
- By selecting the target runtime server as "WebSynergy", it automatically creates all liferay specific xml/properties file to the project.
- Liferay specific files get updated whenever a new portlet is added to the project
- Single click portlet deployment on WebSynergy and Liferay.
- You can see a list of the deployed portlets in the Services tab under WebSynergy node inside your NetBeans IDE
- Undeploy a portlet directly from the NetBeans IDE
- Create PHP/Ruby Portlet which can be deployed on the WebSynergy. Ruby portlet development support is not currently available for download. But it will be available soon.
- Develop cross-platform inter-widget communication code using Eventing StoryBoard with simple drag and drop. To use this feature you need to download the latest nightly build of Generic Portlet Builder which is linked from the WebSynergy plug-in download location. Check these blog and screencast for more details.