By ranjansatya on Nov 06, 2008
The Portal Pack 3.0 M2 is now available for download. These plug-ins are supported on NetBeans 6.5 Beta or later.
Highlights of the new features added in this release are :
- Integration with Project WebSynergy M3 running on Glassfish V2 and recently released Glassfish V3 Prelude
- Integration with Liferay Portal Server running on Glassfish V2/V3 and Tomcat 5.x/6.x
- Support for Spring MVC Portlet : Using this plug-in, user can develop a portlet using spring webmvc portlet framework.
- Service Builder Plug-in : This plug-in provides liferay/websynergy's service builder capabilities inside NetBeans IDE. Using this plug-in, user can generate and use services inside their portlets created by NetBeans Portal Pack. This plug-in also helps developer to write a database portlet quickly using service builder infrastructure. User can modify a service xml either through standard xml editor or through advance design editor for service xml.
- WebSynergy/Liferay Taglib Palette : A new jsp palette has been added to help developer to use WebSynergy/Liferay specific taglibs inside their JSPs. Currently it supports all Journal taglibs through this palette. But all other WebSynergy/Liferay specific taglibs are also exposed to the portlets, so that user can add them manually to their jsp code.
(Service Xml Editor. Click to enlarge)