Portal Pack 3.0 : Makes Portlet Development Easy !!!
By ranjansatya on Feb 13, 2009
The Portal Pack 3.0 is now available for download. With lots of new features and bug fixes, the Portal Pack 3.0 is out there to make portlet development easier than before. This version is compatible with NetBeans 6.5 IDE. This version of Portal Pack supports the recently released Sun GlassFish Web Space Server 10.0 which is part of the GlassFish Portfolio.
Sun GlassFish Web Space Server is Sun's next generation aggregation and presentaion platform. It enables businesses large and small to pull together applications and content from a variety of Web-based and internal sources and present them as a unified, customizable portal on Web browsers, kiosks, and mobile devices. For more info you can check this blog written by James.
- Support for New JSR 286 specification
- Eventing Storyboard for JSR 286 Eventing
- Visual Portlet Builder plug-in to build JSF portlet using WYSIWYG editor.
- Portlets with Spring MVC framework
- Write Portlets with different languages like Ruby/PHP/Groovy which can be deployed on Sun GlassFish Web Space Server and Liferay Portal Server.
- Use Web Space/Liferay's service builder framework inside your portlet. A new advanced Service XML editor is introduced to help you define and generate services.
- Use Web Space/Liferay's service apis directly to write advanced portlets.
- Use Taglibs provided by Web Space/Liferay directly inside your Portlet. For example : You can use rich ui taglibs provided by Liferay/Web Space inside your Portlet, so that your portlet will look similar to other UI in the portal page.
- Sun GlassFish Web Space Server 10.0 (Previously known as Project WebSynergy)
- Liferay Portal Server 5.1.x/5.2.x
- Open Portal Portlet Container 2.x
- Sun Java System Portal Server 7.x
Here's the link to the quick start guide for Portal Pack 3.0 . So try out this new Portal Pack 3.0 !!!
We have already started working on the next update for Portal Pack. Your feedback for the existing features and suggestions for any new features are most welcome. So you may see your suggested feature in the next update release of Portal Pack.