Portal Pack 3.0 M1 - Features Highlights
By ranjansatya on Sep 01, 2008
- Support for Project WebSynergy Stable Build 2 / Liferay Portal Server
- Portlet deployment/undeployment on Project WebSynergy and Liferay 5.1 Server.
- It supports Liferay installed on Glassfish V2/V3 and Tomcat 5.x . The Liferay on Tomcat 6.x support is coming in the next milestone release of Portal Pack.
- Project WebSynergy/Liferay Server can be started/stopped from IDE.
- Portlet debugging is also supported.
- You need to select "WebSynergy Stable Build 2" as server type while configuring Liferay Portal Server inside IDE.
- Non Java Portlets Support : The Portal Pack 3.0 M1 also
supports portlets/widgets development in non java languages. The non
java portlets/widgets developed with Portal Pack can be deployed on
both Project WebSynergy SB 2 and Liferay Portal Server. The Eventing
Story Board of Portal Pack can also be used to enable cross-widget
communications between java/non-java widgets through public render
parameters. Currently the following types of non java portlets are
- Ruby Portlet
- PHP Portlet
- Groovy Portlet
- SAW Tag Lib/Java Code Palette : SAW Plug-in is now part of the Portal Pack. Using this plug-in you can drag & drop SAW api code to your jsp and java class. To know about SAW (Simple API for Workflow) project click here.
- Mirage Taglib Plug-in : It supports Mirage taglibs drag and drop to jsp code.
Some of the major features which are planned for the next milestone Portal Pack 3.0 M2 :
- Spring Portlet Development (Out of Box Spring view/form portlets, Spring Web Flow Support)
- Liferay Service generation through NetBeans
- Liferay on Tomcat 6.x will be supported