Portal Pack 2.0 is now available
By ranjansatya on May 08, 2008
The Portal Pack 2.0 final version for NetBeans 6.1 is now available for download. It supports the new JSR 286 portlet specification.There are many new features which will help developers to write portlets quickly using JSR 286(Portlet 2.0) features. These plug-ins are also available at NetBeans 6.1 Auto-Update Center and
with Java Tools Bundle Update 5 .
Some highlights of this release are :
- Support for New JSR 286(Portlet 2.0) specification
- Eventing StoryBoard for JSR-286 Eventing
- Visual Portlet Builder to build JSF portlet using WYSIWYG editor.
- Portlet 1.0/2.0 taglib code completion.
- Portlet Filter support
- Drag & Drop Support for Filter and Public Render Parameter.
- Deployment support on OpenPortal Portlet Container 2.0 and Portlet Container 2.0 bundled with Java Application Platform SDK U5
- Deployment support on Sun Java System Portal Server 7.2 .
- Support for new WebSynergy (Early Access)
To know how to develop portlet using Portal Pack 2.0 read this article.
In the next few days, I will be blogging about some specific features in Portal Pack 2.0 . So keep watching this space :)