New Visual JSF Portlet Builder in Portal Pack Beta 3
By ranjansatya on Mar 17, 2008
A new plug-in called "Visual Portlet Builder" has been added to the recently released Portal Pack Beta 3 plug-ins list. Sometime back I had written a blog entry on how to create a JSF based portlet using NetBeans 6 + Portal Pack through some manual steps. This new plug-in eliminates all those manual steps and provides JSF portlet building capability inside Netbeans. It uses the existing VisualWeb's WYSWYG editor and enables portlet developers to design their JSF portlet through drag & drop components. You can use OpenPortal Portlet Container 2.0 RC1 to test your jsf based portlets.
Steps to create a JSF Portlet :
- Create a Web Application with "Portlet Support" framework.
- Right click on the project node, select New > Visual Web JSF Portlet Page
- Enter page detail and press Finish.
- Now you can drag & drop jsf components and design your jsf portlet page.
- You can create more than one jsf portlet pages in the project and set them as VIEW/EDIT/HELP mode page for the jsf portlet.
To select jsf portlet pages for different modes of the portlet
- Right click on the visual web jsf portlet page.
- Select "Set as Initial" and select VIEW/EDIT/HEP mode page
Now you can build and deploy your project on OpenPortal Portlet Container from your NetBeans IDE.
The Portal Pack Beta 3 plug-ins are now available on both Portal Pack project site and NetBeans Beta Auto Update Center.