NetBeans Portlet Plugin 1.0 for "Portlet Container 1.0 Beta"
By ranjansatya on Dec 15, 2006
The NetBeans Portlet Plugin is now available for download which includes a plugin for the Portlet Container 1.0 Beta component bundled with the Java Application Platform SDK Update 2 release. Read about Java Application Platform SDK Update2 release here. To download the Java Application Platform SDK Update 2 click here.
Portlet Container 1.0 Beta, an Enterprise Class Portlet Container implementation is derived from the open source project on https://portlet-container.dev.java.net.
As a plugin for NetBeans IDE 5.5 and above, current release of NetBeans Portlet Plugin helps developers to develop, deploy and test portlets on the Portlet Container 1.0 Beta component that is part of the Java Application Platform SDK U2 from their NetBeans IDE. NetBeans Portlet Plugin makes portlet development as easy as writing a normal Java application, with all the features of portlets made available to you at the click of a mouse.
Some highlights of this plugin are
- Provides wizard based support to create a JSR-168 based generic portlet application.
- Generates deployment descriptor automatically.
- Provides support to specify different portlet modes while a new portlet is added.
- Portlet deployment/undeployment support on the Portlet Container 1.0 Beta component.
- Provides support to view output of a single portlet
- Provides support to launch admin tool directly from NetBeans IDE.
- Provides support to start and stop Portlet Container 1.0 Beta from NetBeans IDE.
Here are the links to the resources and docs for Netbeans Portlet Plugin
- NetBeans Portlet Plugin 1.0 Release Notes
- NetBeans Portlet Plugin 1.0 Installation Instructions
- Article on Developing Portlets using NetBeans Portlet Plugin
- Other Articles and User guides available on netbeans.org
Visit the NetBeans Portlet Plugin home page for future releases and announcements.