Are you documented - JWSDP 2.0 on Glassfish - Arrgh !

I wanted to run our Galactica code on Glassfish and do some WS-A work on a couple of Niagara boxes. So I installed Glassfish and then tried to update the container with the JWSDP 2.0. So heres the story, I tried the installer in the console mode since I was telnet'ing to the boxes. If you havent used the console, its painful to say the least. Takes you through a whole set of "Hit 1 to continue, 0 to do this " but it worked fine on the first box. On the second one and any subsequent box I tried, it just silently exited right at the end!
You're left wondering - what the heck ! And like any other developer I did the rinse and repeat - and landed up in the same spot on any machine I touched.
It turns out theres a bug in the installer. If you dont export the display (yes even in console mode) it silently exits at the end. The funny part is on the first box I exported the display to try the GUI (which I didnt use because it was slow over the network) so it worked. Took me a half a day and a bunch of emails to figure out that this is a "known" but "undocumented" bug.
Consider it documented here now :)
Comments:

Post a Comment:
  • HTML Syntax: NOT allowed
About

sameert

Search

Categories
Archives
« April 2014
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
   
       
Today