CRM and Fusion
By RobertSmyth-Oracle on Jun 26, 2007
I am often asked about the roadmap for Applications. Here follows some of the information that is readily available to help you understand where the roadmap currently is:
1) Oracle offers applications unlimited so we support your product for an unlimited time
2) Since Oracle bases its technology on open standards, as the standards mature and improve our underlying architecture takes on these improvements based on industry best standards.
3) As a first step to fusion, we have the Oracle Application Integration Architecture which contains pre-built integrations such as
Oracle's Siebel CRM Integration Pack for Oracle E-Business Suite Order Management
4) This puts you well on the road to Oracle Fusion Applications, the next generation applications that use the same architectural building blocks http://www.oracle.com/applications/fusion.html
5) So Oracle continues to enhance existing products, while developing the next-generation and importantly providing upgrade paths from Siebel, Oracle, Peoplesoft etc. to Oracle Fusion Applications.
You can hear more from Fred Studer here: