What are Most Significant Features of NetBeans 5.0?
As I wrote before, I am now preparing a 25-minutes flash presentation of NetBeans 5.0 beta. I'd like to ask for help from those who use daily builds or Q-builds of 5.0. What do you think are the most significant improvements between NetBeans 4.1 and NetBeans 5.0? Please help me prioritize them - here is my prioritized list:
1. Matisse - for it's free-design paradigm
2. New CVS - for it's intuitivness and integration with projects and refactorings
3. New Plug-in support - both plug-in support and NetBeans platform reborn
4. Editing improvements - code completion, code templates, refactorings, hints, error stripe, drag & drop, etc.
5. UI improvements - no scanning classpath, new Options dialog, project copy/move/delete, top menu on MacOSX, etc.
6. Java EE improvements - JBoss, Weblogic, JSF, Struts, JSP palette, XML improvements, SQL query, J2SE web services, etc.
7. Debugger improvements - ant debugger, run into method, expression evaluator
I will not talk about features which are not available in standard IDE (J2ME, profiling, collaboration,...) - I will just mention them. Did I forget anything important? Would you emphasize any of these? Thanks for your opinion!