Search and Replace in NetBeans



The Search & Replace feature is the top voted RFE in Issuezilla. It's hard to believe NetBeans still doesn't have this feature. Tim Boudreau implemented a module which does this functionality, it's in contrib/searchandreplace. I built it against 5.0's APIs and you can get the module from here. Use at your own risk - it's not properly tested yet, but according to Tim no dataloss should occur ;) I tested it on several projects and it seems to work fine. After installing the module you can execute the search/replace action from the context menu of the project. The UI might need some polishing but the feature seems to work great - it does what you would expect: replace strings in multiple files.


Search and replace now also in NetBeans
Comments:

Very nice! No problems with using it with the NB 5.5 version?

Posted by Surya De on únor 27, 2006 at 06:17 odp. CET #

I tried it and it works. The non-EE APIs do not change for 5.5 at all. But as I wrote, no intensive testing was done yet, so let us know any issues.

Posted by Roumen on únor 28, 2006 at 12:12 dop. CET #

http://blogs.sun.com/roller/page/lukas?entry=panish_or_compliment

Posted by Lukas on březen 01, 2006 at 09:06 dop. CET #

There is an issue: The search & replace does not work with Web Projects, it shows always "No matches", regardless on which folder I try it. I have tested it with other kind of projects, for instance NetBeans Module, and it works. Regards Peter

Posted by Peter on březen 05, 2006 at 04:03 dop. CET #

Peter - thanks, I'll send it to Tim and he will fix it.

Posted by Roumen on březen 05, 2006 at 05:44 dop. CET #

Post a Comment:
Comments are closed for this entry.
About

Roman Strobl

Search

Archives
« červenec 2015
PoÚtStČtSoNe
  
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
  
       
Today