NetBeans Podcast Episode no. 12
By Roman Strobl on VIII 21, 2006
Meet mysterious Dr. Evil in this episode of NetBeans podcast!
NetBeans Podcast Episode no.12 (27 min 27 sec, size: 19.8 MB)
- 1. Brian Leonard (aka Dr. Evil) joined us
- Dr. Evil's blog
- 2. Mobility - overview of Mobility Pack and features in 5.5 and 6.0
- Mobility Pack homepage
- Lukas Hasik's blog entry about Junit support for Java ME
- Mobility Pack for 5.5 beta2
- 3. Enterprise and C/C++ Packs available for beta 2
- Announcement of these packs
- Milestone plan for debugging support in the C/C++ pack
- 4. NetBeans 6.0 M2 available
- New and noteworthy page
- Roumen's flash demo of floating windows
- Xzajo's blog entry on Milestone 2 full screen feature
- Profiler Milestone 2 Page
- HeapWalker Demo Web Start (available until end of September, 2006)
- Gregg's blog entry on the heap walker
- 5. Module of the week
- 6. Gregg's Puzzler
If you think you know the answer to the NetBeans Puzzler, send an email to gregg dot sporar at sun dot com. Put "NetBeans Puzzler" in the subject line. We will announce the winner on the next podcast.
00:00 - Welcome and Hello to Brian Leonard
00:40 - How Brian Leonard came to be a NetBeans Evangelist
03:09 - Development tools Brian has used
04:18 - How things have changed over the last 18 months
04:44 - Why Brian is known as "Dr. Evil"
06:30 - Discussion of the NetBeans Mobility Pack - background, future features, etc.
16:34 - Enterprise Pack and C/C++ Pack
19:04 - NetBeans 6.0 Milestone 2
21:28 - Highlighted Module of the Podcast
25:47 - So long until next time
Feedback to: roman dot strobl at sun dot com.
To subscribe via iTunes or similar players, visit http://feeds.feedburner.com/netbeanspod.